Night Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by CNTRYBOY, May 24, 2007.

1. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    My Fellow Arkansas brothers. I have a debate going on here!

Now, I grew up doing a thing called Night Fishing. When I say I am going night fishing, then you best not expect me to be back before daylight. Most likely a while after day break.

Now, here awhile back, me and a buddy went "Night Fishing". Well, his cell phone went dead, as well as mine! Neither one of us had a charger. My Daughter was with us, and her phone was almost dead. Well, she finally called the house( about the time my wife and the buddy's wife was headed out looking for us).

The women folk went all off on us. Wanting to know why we did not call. Well we told our story, not that they beleived it!

I told mine, "Now honey, i said i was going night fishing". She said "Well, you never said you was going to be gone all night."

Of course I told her, "If I say I am going night fishing, then don't expect me back before daylight".

She said that was camping. I say it is'nt!

What's your opinion? Keep in mind - those city slickers or folks from that didn't grow up in the sticks, thinks if you leave the house and go into the woods , or near water - your camping!

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    That's easy, fishing.

Ya can't leave before the dawn bite!

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Country boy.......This battle was lost long before you got in the boat my friend:lol:

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Beleive you are right Big Sam, But still had to pic on the wife!!!! LOL

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I understand what you're saying, but it's still a good idea to let someone know when you expect to be back, so if you don't show up reasonably soon after that time, they can send some help for you. If you're ever hanging onto a swamped or overturned boat with no way to call for help, you'll be glad you did. Having had to drag the boat out from a 'float' trip, and from hanging on to an overturned boat, I can say this with a fact. When we finally got to a phone, they were already starting to get the chopper ready to look for us. When I was hanging onto the boat, I was on my own. Well, after several hours, someone would have come, but by that time, I was able to get the boat to shore, right it, bail it out, and tow it back to the landing, like Humphrey Bogart in The African Queen.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Newton sometimes you have to admit your wrong when you know you are right. Like J Trew stated it's always important that someone knows your schedule. Safety First. Hang in there brother you will win one day. Maybe.:lol:

7. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    When I go night fishing, my wife knows I'll be gone all night, but she also knows where I am and how to get relatively close to where I am.

8. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    Well to add my two cents worth. When I tell Renee I am going fishing at night she doesn't expect me back before dawn (a given) unless I tell her I will be back at a specific time. She does know where I am going to be unless I am going with other people and they are the ones to pick the spot. As for the Cell phone I always keep mine charged and on me so she can call if there is trouble. Just remember Trish loves you and was worried about you and that is why she got upset you didn't call.

9. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    I do the same thing. And the days that I get; its the couch for me.:angry: But thats just signs of you have a good woman that cares a lot.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It's a simple thing... if I stay awake all night - it is fishing, if I sleep, thats camping. See, its easy to tell. LOL

11. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ye, i agree with the safety thing especially if ya go alone. and keep that phone charged. other than that, the wife needs to find somethin else to whine about. Night fishin doesnt mean for an hour or two!
    1st thing i got straight with my wife when i met her, was 2 things: 1. If the NFL is playing, then my TV will be on and stay on that channel, and 2. dont ever whine about me goin fishin!

12. Pat Kelly

Pat Kelly New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Like already said, safety first. I'll go out for days at a time (trips) and I always tell the Missus where I am and how long I'm expected out. And always have all phones charged and batteries (in the boat) primed for duplicate communication in case of emergency. The only grief I get is when I come home early cause the bite was not on...but then there may be other bigger problems afoot than me not catchin':misdoubt:

13. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Next time you want to go night fishing tell your wife your going shopping for fish. She won't be looking for you to return no time soon,women understand how long it takes to shop.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    My better half knew where i was going, what ramp i was going to be on, what lake i was on and told her i would be Night fishing! Which meant i would be gone all night!

Shepdog - Glad to see ya on! Hope to catch up on the BS and do some fishing before long.

Jerry - I agree! Its always a safe bet to have a plan and to let someone know what those plans are!

15. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    You know, as I read this post it occued to me that maybe we should invest in an extra "pig tail" plug for our boat batteries and buy an extra phone charger. I've been on the river and had my phone battery go dead. It would be nice to have an extra charger and be able to charge the phone while in the boat.

CB,
    I agree. Night fishing means all night and maybe even a little into the morning.

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Well I'm not from Arkansas, but I been married 27 years. Won't be no rescue...or slack when ya get home. But I have caught her with the life insurance policy out....LOL. Get yourself one of those cell phone gizmos to run yer phone off a over the counter battery for your girl.
    Every boat should have a 12V recepticle mounted on it. Comes in handy.
    Night fishing means the ol man won't be home till he's wore out.
    :wink:

17. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    just admit she's right, that way it won't become a big argument and interfere with your fishing, and put a phone charger in your tackle box. And next time you're headed out on a night fish, tell her you're going camping and tell her you'll be home for breakfast. It's a really good thing to have your phone handy, anyhow. How else are you gonna call me and let me know if they're bitin'? :smile2:

18. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    One thing i was not whining. Number 2 the Buddies wife was cause they got two small children one is 6 months old. And we are newly weds!:big_smile: And one more thing. When he says night fishing, Now I know.

19. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    90 percent of the fishing I do is at night (like the peace and quiet). So my wife knows when I say I'm going fishing, Ill be gone all night. When she asks how long im going to fish I tell her til they stop biting or until they start. Also tell her there may or may not be cell phone coverage. About the cell phones. Once my starts going dead, I usually call (if I have signal) and tell her and then turn phone off so Ill have battery if I realy need it.
    On another note, what did we all do before cell phones? It really wasnt that bad was it? I kind of enjoy being on the water at night and not hearing a phone ring don't yall?
    As far as the debate goes, sounds like plain case of miscommunication to me. That is cause of most of my marital problems!

20. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I check in some when I fish. I try to keep my wife informed when I will be home. Always have cell phone with me.If I fish where there is no service I call as soon as I can.That keeps me out of the dog house.working on boat wiring this weekend. Fixing lights, wiring in fish finder, and bait pump. after the post I read now going wire in plug for phone charger.