Night Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by arky, Jul 30, 2006.

1. arky

arky Well-Known Member

State:
    kansas
    Just wondering if you guys could give me any tips on finding fish after dark i have tried several nights this summer with not much luck. i have tried fishing the same holes we catch them in during daylight but can't seem to get a bite. then i tried several shallow sand bars without luck? i know these fish should be feeding more at night but i just can't seem to figure it out .Any advice would be appreciated.

2. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    have you tried just before sun rise that seems to be a really good time. remeber most cats move out of there day holes to find food

3. arky

arky Well-Known Member

State:
    kansas
    no i have been starting fishing in the afternoon around 4pm and fishing until 1 or 2 in the morning

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As usual, Arlington is right on point. I have been having the most luck in a very short cast from the shore. What I have been doing is, I throw out a little less than as far as I can to the deeper water. If I get nothing there, I bring the rig in a little less with each subsequent cast. I do this until I find myself in the fish...if they are there. Usually if they are there, I have found the fish in the shallows. Both stripers and cats.

5. arky

arky Well-Known Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks guys for the imput i will try and fish shallower . i have been using a boat so i try and cast out in different directions with muliple rods . anyone who has advice i am all ears.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Try setting up on a point so that you have access to shallow and deeper water, something with a good break to deeper water and where forage for the fish is available. And then fan cast like you are doing. placing baits on the break to deeper water and at the bottom of the break as well as shallow water. Good luck I hope this has helped you some.