Night Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by blindfly69, Jul 12, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    guys idk about you but i like to nightfish more than dayfish....does anybody know some good places to go nightfishing???......most of the lakes around here close at dark...and idk if i wanna be at meldahl dam after dark.....what do ya'll think??

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the only place that i can think of where i can fish at night aj jolly campground....and the cats there arent really worth braggin about....and you gotta camp there to fish it at night....

3. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Falmouth dam or there by wells market where the south & main licking come together or there on the boat ramp in falmouth. Or just take some time & ask a few farmers for access to the river thru there property. If granted permission be respectable, thank them, close all gates you open & pickup all trash even if its not yours. If there working offer to give them a hand for a few hours, it may mean sacrificing a few hours of fishing but youll have a place to fish for a lifetime & maybe even camp out and stuff like that. Good Luck, Abu65

4. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    by the falmouth dam do you mean that low wall behind wyatt's supermarket???

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Not familiar with your area but good luck finding the biguns.

6. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes its a low head Dam kind of behind Wyatts or BB's Shell.

7. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i have had good luck night fishing at the mouth of the licking river on the covington side.

8. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i've wanted to try there....do a lot of people fish that at night??

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

If you talking about right where it dumps into the Ohio, then Yes alot of people fish there after dark....What is wrong with Meldahl Damn after dark??

10. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky

idk lol seriously for some reason i just dont like to be there after dark........if you fish it at night lemme know and we'll fish it sometime.....i just dont know any of the local people and i always feel like im intrudin on em.....

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Well i fish out of a boat down close to Cincinnatti, I have been down to Meldahl only a few times..But it seemed okay, what about below Meldahl, but down river a little ways away from the other local fisherman?? I know it is hard to find a good clear bank that is productive on a Big River like that...Good Luck man

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky

i think me and my friends will just go down to meldahl one night and stay outta people's way lol

13. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i have not seen to many at least not enoght to stop fishing the area. i like the covington side but see alot more on the newport side.