night fishing

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River_monster91, May 25, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well me and gus went and pulled an all nighter with his kids at his favorite flathead spot. got setteled in, set some limb lines out and then right before dark we threw the poles out. any as usuall around 11 o clock i had a pretty good run and went to set the hook...and i had....nothing. the perch had spun around and i had hooked him through the body and missed the fish...bummer. anyway i went to sleep and around 1 in the mornin gus yells at me. i get out to go see what he wants and he hands me my pole and tells me i got a turtle. i reel the turtle in wich is somewhere around 25lbs and cut the line and the turtle runs back to the water. i go back to bed and dont wake up till thismornin. some fishermen huh?:wink: gus tole me he caught a 3lb flattie about 15 min after the turtle incident. we picked up our lines and left. chente caught a 15lber the night before last at the same spot. some kids just have all the luck

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thats a big turtle.....At least you didn't get skunked!!

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Donnie, are you coming to the gathering with Gus or what? We are all waiting/plotting for your confirmation. :smile2:

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    ill probally make an appearance. but not with gus. i got mini bikes!!!! oh man its gonna be fun

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    THATS HOW IT GOES SOME TIME BEEN ABOUT THE SAME FOR ME LATELY.BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.