Night Fishing With Bubbakat and Bubbette

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fish, Aug 25, 2007.

1. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bubbakat, Donna, Judy and I went for an all nighter down at Nickajack Dam last night. Cheez and Cathooker were out there tearing the skipjack up when we got on the water. The skips were everywhere. We caught a few skips and Cheez and Cathooker gave us some of their skips.

We were fishing with skipjack, chicken breast and chicken thighs. We tried several places but nothing. We got a few hits but no takers at all. While we were anchored down with all our lines out Donna grilled us up some supper and it was sooooo good. That is a neat stanless steel grill and the hot dogs hit the spot.

They shut the generators down to one hole about 11:30 or 12 AM and the water started dropping. On top of that it started lightening pretty bad so we loaded up around 1 AM and just in time for the bottom to fall out. Willard sure has that toon set up nice and he sure has it looking great. Even though we didn't catch any cats, we had a mighty fine time out there with our good friends. Maybe next time we will hang into some big ole boys.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If fishing were all about catching alot of us wouldn't fish.:big_smile:

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    You sure got that right Mark!

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jim, that sounds like a great time. Glad you got to enjoy the night out.

next time try a good Ol juicy dirty earth worm for bait.:wink::big_smile:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jim, sounds like ya'll had a fun trip. It's not always about the catching. It's usually more about the memories and good company while you are there. Catching those skip's is also a lot of fun.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Dano I do think Miss judy did throw out some earth worms. The water went down and they caught lock jaw. We did get a little action when a barge locked through going down river and it stirred upa little current . I still enjoyed the heck out of it though.

Mark I think if we caught fish every time they would rename it catching instead of fishing.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like yall had a great time, thanks for sharing.

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Jim,

Sounds like you had a great time even without catching anything.. Thats what it's all about huh???

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya coulda came up with a better ending than that. LOL! We waited a couple of days for this coverage. LOL! Glad yas had a good time.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Thanks ya'll. Judy did try some worms but she said she thought they were sun burned.LOL

BG, Willard and I put our heads together tryin to figure out what kind of tale to come up with but all we got was two sore heads.LOL By the way, here is a picture that Cathooker took yesterday evening. Maw wasn't about to turn around when the picture was taken as she had a skip on her line. I wonder who that distinguished fellow is standing on HIS toon?

Attached Files:

11. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Glad to hear ya'll had fun. It stormed like crazy up up this way that night, so could've been worse!

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jon when it cools down a little in sept we can do this on tims some night or nick either one. I'll show you how to catfish in comfort.

13. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sounds like you all had fun, fish or no fish.
    I'm going to get one of those little stainless grills for the boat. There is nothing better than bar-b-que on the water. After all we all got to eat sometime.

14. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Sure glad yall got to spend some time havin fun together, sounds like it was relaxin and enjoyable...reguardless of how many or few fish were caught.

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jim I told you Willard would stop the bite at Hardies. HEHE
    Glad everyone had a great time.
    Wish I would have been there also. OOOHH well I will be in a few months.:cool2:
    Willard I just don't know about you.
    Pete

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like to me ya had a wonderful time. It's not about catching fish although that is exciting.It's about being with others who enjoy fishing as much as we do. The water is very relaxing,and having someone to visit with in my opinion is the iceing on the cake!!:big_smile:

17. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I don't know about being with others when them two caracters are involved. I know they couldn't fish for shooting the bull the whole time. Trust me I know them both and the last time I saw that much bull I had just finished shoveling a few stalls, and even that was a close race.

Glad you all had a good time even if the fishing was slow I'm sure you were entertained the whole time. Bubba that is a nice looking toon brother.

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Heck Mark we didn't care if we caught anything or not, we could have just anchored down and set around shootin the breeze and have fun, oh wait a minute, that is what we did do.LOL

19. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    And loved every minute of it until the lightening show started.

20. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    See I knew exactly what the problem was with you two. I'll even take a chance and say Judy and Donna did a little shooting also. I think at the next Chatt gathering I'm going to put up a spot light and some chairs and charge admission for the camp fire BS competition between Jim, Bubba, Pete, and since Gene is going to be there he can end the show. I swear I need to record some of the stuff you all come up with for posterity.:smile2: