Night Fishing Tactics

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ayokay005, Aug 27, 2006.

1. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Heres the scenario :
    The usual spot we go in the river is becoming a lil testy!
    At night the cats are feeding on night crawlers (been the same for about 5 weeks now) my comrade and I are thinking about moving 4 miles up-river to an old boat launch site. I know this river well, but it starts to get rocky where this new spot may be. Now we usually fish on the bottom with a double rig and 2 oz. sinker ! I know for a fact well have to slip bob or use a different gameplan ! Is there a certain rig that will help out with the rocky terrain ? If so please give me an idea on what to use in that river!

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well I'd say find out how deep it is from surface to the bottom and rig you set up maybe 6" to a foot above bottom,depending on the current also.

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    The place I have been going to is very rocky I went to a drop shot and or pasternost rig which helped greatly .

4. Crayzie

Crayzie New Member

State:
    Portsmouth, Ohio
    Lately Ive been using a 3way rig to keep the baited hook above any snagging on the rocks..

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I like to use the 3-way rig as well.I use 8lb mono for my sinker line,if it gets hung in the rocks the big cat or my pull will break the 8lb line. I retrieve the fish and the rest of my rig.