Night Fishing on Truman

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tkyhnt, Aug 10, 2006.

1. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Going to Truman this weekend to see what I can do. Only caught a couple small eaters last Friday. Probably launch out of Long Shoal or State Park. Anyone have any luck down that way lately. Seems my luck for cats has been poor as of late. I did get into some crappie mostly small but did bring back a dozen for the skillet.

2. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Thats where ive been fishing lately and doing real well.
    At night try and fish around 10 to 20 feet of water and most of all be quite.Last weekend I caught most of my fish on a slip float(balloon) rig. Put a small glow stick in a white or clear balloon and suspend it around 12 feet and keep your bait fresh.
    I should be their Saturday morning around 5:45 so don't catch them all:lol: :lol: And the crappie are biting real well mid day over 30 feet of water suspended around 15 feet.

3. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The surprise for me was I was fishing too deep at night. The feeding cats were shallower (clsoer to the bank) than I was. I caught a bunch in less than 15 feet way up in a wooded creek. I had wasted a bunch of time near the deep water.

I'm going to try and make it there Saturday morning also. So save some for me! :big_smile: