night fishing ohio

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jul 18, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    whats the best way to go about catfishing the river at night.Fish the river at Owensboro alot but not much @ night, willing to travel if any of you guys know of any nighttime HOT spots any help would be great.Planning on hitting them up tonight full moon. Thanks Aaron

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    In my opinion thats the only way to go for cats on the Ohio. "NIGHT" Try the mouth of feeder creeks. Flats are a good spot and around shore those big flatheads will come out and feed around there. Go out in the main river for channels and blues. (((Stay out of the barge lanes))) Don't spend to much time in one spot if your not getting bites or fish within 30 minutes or so i would move.Try out where the river drops off from shallow to deep , the ledges. Place baits on the different depths up these ledges.By trying different things you will soon learn where they are at at different times. {{{Keep a mental log to write down Date, Time , weather and water conditions}}} Course i don,t do this lol just keep it simple and have some fun. :smile2:

3. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    right now fish small baits small hooksfor most that bite are just small bites
    went out friday and sat around 5 to 12:30 got 13 friday and 11 sat. all female chanl. had eggs sacks in the only got 2 that was over 10 lbs let them both go. but found fish in all holes fish about 20 foot range.
    shad working best right now.and try river port area after dark. in front of the white rocks. hope this helps

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Not much to add, that is all very good info on techniques. I will say to be extra safe; lighting is very important on the river at night

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    My wife has some relatives in Owensboro. Could we do some fishing while she spends the night with her relatives. We're from New Albany.

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    when we talking,bank or boat,day or night,fishing or catching,blues,channels or flats i like to ask question dont I.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:Thanks Aaron