Night Fishing Lights

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kevhead56, Jul 16, 2007.

1. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Any good ideas???:embarassed:

2. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    well your question was a little vauge, propane lantern?

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Get a head light.
    Ya know the kind sold at wally world that is held on your head with a elastic strap.
    I have used mine for fishing, doing chores after dark,we have cattle. Even driving my golf buggy at night. Yes, the one in the picture.They are great.
    Mine, we have 4, has 3 lights on it. The red led doesn't draw bugs, very important. The blueish leds produce a flood light that works for driving at night. The incandecent spot works fine to spot marauding cattle feed stealing coons.

best of luck
    just

4. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Bob summed up what I use

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    There is a blacklight that I want to check into called Nucli-eyes. Its expensive though but supposed to be the bomb.

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i just got a green light. i have only used it twice and it seems to work. i need to use it a few more times before i make a decision on if it is worth it.

7. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    One of the guy on this site said he uses an old railroad kerosene lantern, I got one and it works great. Not much light but enough, and you don’t lose much of your night vision, and you can swing it around no problem. Best of all you can sit it down by your chair and not be bothered with bugs, something about the smell or color of the light doesn't attract bugs. I turn on my little cap light to change bait and it sure attracts the bugs. I would imagine you can get any number of different types of kerosene lanterns that would work. Luck

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I collected lanterns. I have the Carbide Mine Head Lamp,two cans of Carbide,RR Brakeman's Kerosene lamp,Old highway"Flambeaux",A very old tin and glass outdoor candle lantern,Kerosene and gas lanterns.They all work.They are all great to see by and to warm your hands by while fishing in cold weather.We all need to be careful with the red and Green lights as they can mislead other boaters.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee ps,Are you old enough to have Coon hunted with a Carbide headlight and Kerosene Lanterns?Hey,hey.Yea,I have.I am old!

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Seems as though everyone has taken off on bank fishing. In a boat, I like the floating headlights you put in the water. Attracts small fish/minnows and then bigger fish. To rig my lines I have several of the red tail lights/side marker lights spread around the boat on individual on/off switches. Turn them on as needed then turn them back off. Course, as stated in other posts, I do use my all around white light to attract the mosquitoes so I have something to gripe about. LOL

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I too am now a fan of the led headlamp and recommend it.

Also, for help seeing your fishing pole tips at night, I just bought 100 of the 8" skinny glo sticks off ebay for $12. They are thin and very flexible and can be attached very easily to your poles. Mine stay bright for over 24 hours.

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    anybody ever hear of a coleman lantern?:confuse:

12. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Do you mean a"Santee Crappie light"? I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I bought 2 of the headlights tonight from Walmart.:0a24::0a22:

14. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    A what? Oh yeah I know what you're talking about, you mean people still use them? :smile2:

15. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Blacklights work great. White rods will glow purple. Flurocarbon fishing line glows in the dark with a blacklight. I see alot of people using them. Only bad thing is they attract bugs.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I picked up an Optronics headlamp with the ultraviolet lights last night at Cabelas. One of my fishing partners has used one for the last year and he really likes it. Just enough light to make your line glow, but not enough to draw bugs.

17. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Dad blame young whippersnappers! If it ain;t got a cast control,reel brake,Batteries,a cord,push button or turn key start they think that it ought to be in a museum.I hear tell that they can even make their kids artificially now and hire somebody else to have them.Oh well,Some times when things get bad I think they are right.::smile I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

18. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i use the headlight from walmart. i believe its a rayovac brand and has 3 lights i love it and it only cost 10 bucks. well worth the money

19. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i use a couple of propanes set back far enough to keep the bugs off and to let me see if the coons are coming up to try and steal my bait(hadf one that thought the soonies bucket was his dinner). and i use a cap light when the poles dance or if i have to rebait.

20. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I have a couple of coleman gas lanterns one rechargeable coleman. I do like my led hat light I fish mainly with bells on my poles when they ring I turn on the hat light to see if the cats are really going to load up the rod. If I use a lantern i set it up high and back away from me to keep the bugs off.