Night Fishing in New Madrid

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BajaCoop, May 11, 2007.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am thinking of doing some night fishing in/around new madrid either friday or Saturday (maybe both) anyone have some tips or tricks. I have been fishing at St. Johns Bayou a lot and would like to try some other spots but I really don't know of much else around? Anyone have any thoughts on a decent spot that I can fish the bank from?

2. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Ed,

There on the upstream side of the Observation deck in New Madrid would be an excellent area. It's a good bank and really would be a great area for Flatheads at night, as well as Blues.

3. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    not really sure where you are talking about.

Are you talking about the deck/dock that is right next to the levee road where you can turn to go through "downtown" new madrid.

Where upstream is there a spot to get to. That part of the river there just seems really large and swift without much structure or anything.

Guess I can just drive around by the river there and see if I find anything that looks like a good spot.

4. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    well my 2 nights in New Madrid night fishing netted a total of 3 drum.

5. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I spent another saturday night at the river and all we caught between 2 people was a turtle.

This is getting frustrating. :(