Night fishing during the winter

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catchaser1, Jan 12, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    do any of you fish at night during the winter with sucess? Was thinking of going one night when it wasnt so cold, maybe when it doesnt get below 45, dont want to freeze. what yall think?

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Only times I catfish at night is when the heat of summer is to much for me. Good luck and be sure to dress warm.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Winter fishing is dangerous enough. I stick to the daylight except during the summer when the crowds take over the lake. Be careful, I know a group of nightstalkers who fish for crappie but they generally fish two or three boats together and look out for each other.

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    LET"S GO:wink: I'm good to go

5. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea you still go nightfishing, I am going fishing tomorrow night during rainy. I hope theres alot catfish biting.. I gonna wear warm gear for night too.. Good luck!

6. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I mainly cat fish at night, with huge results. I thing the best possible time is between 4am - 7am. just take your time in the water and it will all pay off. Fish on Brother