Night Fishing Crappie

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by fisheater, Jul 11, 2007.

1. fisheater

fisheater New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Does anyone have any tips on night fishing Crappie. I have never done it before and would like to have some know how. What light, what bait, how to fish it etc.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    check your Pm.
    Pete

3. fisheater

fisheater New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Shilored, I got the pm but the adress would not work. Maybe if you could try to send it agin I appreciate the help.

4. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Green lights work best check your state regs for legality though. Minnows or jigs is whatever they prefer at the time just like daytime. Depth is just on the outer range of the lights.

5. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    with all the turdchoppers churning up the lake during the day, i only pull the nightshift fishing. i've been doing rather well with the hot water. i have not tried the submersible lights yet, however a buddy of mine said with a sub. light on one side of the boat and one of the styrfoam(what I use) lights with the headlight type bulb in it more minnows gathered on the floating. I've been getting most of my crappie when I can have good schools of threadfin shad swarming. I have taken a very small number on crappie minnows but I've been wearing out some nice crappie on 3-4" shad. Just try to find some submerged structure and anchor over or very close, i anchor over as I just drop most of the lines. And I know it varies from place to place but I've been getting fish around 6-10ft in 85 degree water.

6. catfishhunter17

catfishhunter17 New Member

State:
    indiana
    what did you send him to shilo red?

7. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Would the lights around a boat launch work? im not comfotable sitting in a 10ft jon boat when its pitch black out:crazy:. I like the idea of the light and want to give it a try.