Night fishing color lights?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by smells like old liver!, Mar 3, 2007.

1. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    we fish from a boat at night We have lights that we turn on to land fish.It seems that fish go crazy when they get close to the boat or is it the lights that spook them? has anyone ever tried useing colored lights to land a fish? we've used red lights to hunt with a night. I have many colors of plastic film that we use in our stage lights.. anyone ever tried colored lights?

2. tlenhoff

tlenhoff New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good Question Randy;
    I am new to night fishing and find myself tripping over 3 thumbs and a bait bucket. I there any color of light that catfish and bugs can,t see? Ted

3. smells like old liver!

State:
    kentucky
    we use black lights on the boat and have white lights mounted on the sides. when we get one on, just flip a switch. I know what you mean about tripping on the bait bucket. last summer we took my buddys new bass boat out he about fliped when I brought out the liver (he keeps it cleaner than a hospital) well I got one on, the next thing I knew I had flattend the liver box, it looked like a killing had took place on his boat. :big_smile:

4. tlenhoff

tlenhoff New Member

State:
    missouri
    hope your buddy is still your buddy. I don't have carpet in my boat for that very reason. We like to fish a small river close to home. At night the big cats are about 20 feet out and in 2 feet of water. Do you think they would see that black light?

5. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    For low level illumination without attracting bugs try the green diode type rope lights.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:

I have heard some good things about "Green Diode Type Rope Lights.

Take it easy Guys,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

7. smells like old liver!

State:
    kentucky
    I'm not for sure what you are talking about are these like christmas lights but green? where do you get them from? thanks

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
  9. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Do blacklights attract bugs? I've only used them in the fall for haunted attraction scenes. Never used them fishing.

10. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    on my boat we attatched old school yellowish orangeish colored motorcycle turn signals for lights they do not attract bugs and they light up the boat real good and dont use a lot of battery power can use on battery all night