night fishing at santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mf7406, Apr 14, 2008.

1. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    sorry for the additional post, but i'm trying to get my 10 so i can post pics & reply to personal messages. does anyone know how to successfully night fish at santee. i do o.k. during the day, but i'd like to learn how to fish at night. i thought maybe someone would have some tips on catching bait and where & how to fish, or maybe we could hook up one weekend & fish together. my dad has a place at hill's landing.

thanks & good luck to everyone, mark

2. lee ravenel

lee ravenel New Member

State:
    SouthCarolina
    I went saturday night from 9-10pm. i fished in 2-3 feet with cut shad caught 4 nice blues

3. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    As a general rule of thumb I like to fish the lake during the day and fish the santee river, rediversion canal or the tailrace canal at night. I use a high pressure sodium light and generator to catch my bait, but herring is usually availabe to buy locally. If you try thr santee river just make sure you go slow and dont have a big heavy boat because some places are really shallow.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Mark if you caught all those fish during the day I wouldnt worry about fishing at night I would stay in the bed.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I agree with James, thats a real good 5 days of fishing even if you didnt catch anything on the 5th day.What ever way you are fishing in the daytime, just fish like that at night and theres no telling what you may end up with.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    But, since you can stay at Hill's, there is some good fishing at night in the diversion canal there. The 'rockpile' area is a favorite and the edges of the drops is always potentially good. Current flow equals better fishing, but those quiet nights can produce well even without flow, the darker, the better...

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job on getting in your post, now you will be able to take full advantage of the site. Congrats and welcome