Night fishin at SAG

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishin_Brud, May 18, 2009.

1. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey,
    I got a question about sag.. I'd like to fish at butcher jones at night but am certain my ride will get locked in the gates..
    Is there a way to get around this?

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    am certain my ride will get locked in the gates..

Sounds like the best way to go fishin!!:big_smile:

3. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ha... But really

4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I could hear it now,"but baby,i cant come home,im locked in"!:smile2::smile2:

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    The Butcher Jones Cove recreation area has a gate that can only lock the entrance. The exit has directional tire spikes that allow people in the area to leave even if the gate is locked.

It is supposedly a "day use" area, but I know for a fact that night fishing that cove is allowed. Furthermore, I have very very rarely seen that gate locked. Call AZGFD if you have any more questions.

6. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So they wont be able to lock me in?

7. azhunter23

azhunter23 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am pretty sure you will be fine. I have come through there pretty late (2am) after four wheeling to the back part of the lake to do some catfishing and never had a problem.

8. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Guys, I have heard of the area but never fished it. This sort of information sharing amongst the brotherhood is what makes it strong and enjoyable to be a part of. Where else would a possible problem be answered so quickly. Right On!

9. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    You are correct, there is not an exit gate that can be locked. In the rare event that the entrance gate is locked, if you are already in there you will always be able to leave.