Night crawlers... green or regular?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by tugrivercater, Jul 21, 2006.

1. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    has any one ever used the green ones? if so what makes them green and are they any better than the old fashen ones?

2. caymancat

caymancat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am not exactly sure how they make them green, I think they give them some chemical, but I have had more success with them than regular worms at the pond I fish.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The green color comes from food and bedding that the worms are kept in. If the water you fish is dirty are stained they will help the fish locate the bait, are so thats what was passed along to me. Consider it like a flashy bass worm except with real flavor and smell not artifical.

4. Nermal

Nermal New Member

I was wondering that myself, thanks for sharing.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    i've heard good things about the green ones. I have'nt used them though. Too cheap to spring the extra bucks for 'em:big_smile: .

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have found them and for the same price when available but there are 3 less crawlers in the box.

7. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Never heard of them but thanks for sharing!

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    the only place around me that sells them is a Chevron gas station that sells bait. When they have the green crawlers, they sell them for approx. 2 dollars more than the regulars.

9. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    used to use them but i never had any luck the bait supply i go to say they sell alot to ******** but the one guy said didnt work well in the river
    also if you want to try them the cheap way bass pro sell the chemical food that makes them green