Night at Middle Creek

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by river_runner_85, Sep 7, 2008.

1. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We, flat fighter and myself, went out to Middle Creed last night. Spent about 8 hrs. out there. I caught a channel about 21" long. We had a friend with us that caught one that was about 20". We sat in this spot for a while and kept catching some carp also. I brought in the first one it was descent size. After sitting there a while Trevor, flat fighter, hooked into a bigger carp. He threw his pole back out and waited for a while and his pole started bouncing. Got up and reeled it in. This carp was bigger than the one he had caught before. We didn't have a scale with us so we aren't too sure what it weighed. So all in all it wasn't a bad trip out there. I will post a pic of the carp when I get a chance. We had better luck out there then we did out on the river so far.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good job Jeff. You finally got some action. Congrats. :big_smile:

3. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We sure did. It was a good time.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Always liked middle creek. Might just head that way soon as I can!
    :0a23:​

5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    So Jeff did you guys fillet it out for bait? There's some big ole carp in there. I stopped one day last year on the way back from Pleasonton and threw some pellets at the feeder. Caught several carp and 2 walleyes on nightcrawlers. I bet you could shoot a whole bunch with a bow there the right time of the year.Good thing to get off the snide. The weather was so lousy this weekend you would have thought it was late October not early September. It rained the entire cub scout campout. Then I went to Perry looking for doves Sunday night and it rained cats and dogs and I almost got hit by lightning walking back to my car. Good thing I have a short barrel gun with a plastic stock.I drove around about 4 hours round trip and only hunted 15 minutes before the gully washer came.I didn't even go today it was so cold and wet.Sounds like your weekend was better than mine.