Nigerian Bank Scam - Funny and Real

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cpalombo, Aug 6, 2009.

1. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    This is pretty funny. I do a lot of these and thought this one was the funniest. Bottom line, if you get these emails, reply to the poeple and work them a bit. The more they go back and forth with you, the funnier it gets.

Enjoy...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=117454271049&comments=#/note.php?note_id=117454271049

CP

So everyone has heard of the Nigerian Banking Fraud (NBF). A NBF is when a cold-contact email is sent to you from some overseas dignitary claiming to offer you the deal of a lifetime. Usually it has something to do with transferring surplus or unaccounted money to your bank account. The fraud always ends with people loosing money due to identity theft and/or cash sent under false pretenses. The fraud is so popular that one would assume there is no longer a market to cold-contact Americans via email, trolling for opportunities to steal. Luckily for me, there are plenty of Nigerian’s still looking to steal American money.

The target email, in this case mine, was found by Nigerian thieves after I posted a few used fishing items for sale through Craigslist. It was just my luck that NBF "trollers" found the email address, and began sending me various opportunities for measureless wealth. It was just their luck that I take great joy in taunting overseas fraud syndicates.

So that is the setup. These are a few of my favorite real emails, which I sent and I received. Enjoy them. My only hope is that I will get more.
    (editorial note: this is my favorite one. It kills me when he gets anoyed with all my quesitons! What a riot! Why doesn't every wealthy American do this to Nigerian Bank syndicates? And if you do, by all means - SHARE THE NARRATIVE WE ME!!!)

Hello,

I am Barr.Sabastine Kim, Attorney to Late Mr. John Kim a foreigner and an Engineer with a construction company.Late John Kim has an account with a Bank here, which he opened in 2003. He died here in U.K 2004,I received a memo early last year from the Bank remittance department for an interview about $14M USD that belongs to my client Late Mr. John Kim, the bank informed me on their policy to freeze the account of Late Mr. John Kim, I was asked to redirect the ($14m usd) back to government treasury because they saw no next of kin in his entire file within the bank and his account has been dormant for years which is against the policy of the Bank.

I am contacting you because of the need to involve a foreigner as the foreign beneficiary to that fund.I have resolved to share the money in this ratio.50% for me, 35% for you, 10% for the remittance manager in the bank who has agreed to guide us for the success of our objectives and 5% for expenses we might incur in the processing of this transaction. Please respond to my private email address:sb1@megamail.pt
    Regards,
    Barr.Sabastine Kim

Kim,

I am unsure about this transaction. While I would like to help someone transfer money, making 35% of $14 million dollars, I am unsure if this is some kind of "if it sounds too good to be true" scam. I am sure it is not, but I have to say that I am a bit nervious of that.

To make me know absolutly for certain that you are honest, I will need something from you. Please provide me a photo of you, with your right hand on the Bible and your left hand doing a salute. Please take the photo in the bank. I believe that anyone who can take such a photo in the bank lobby certainly would be an honest person. And I want to make sure you are honest.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing your heart holding, soluting, bank photo soon. If I can get that, I will know that you are an honest, patiotic, man of faith, standing in a bank.

CP

> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009
    > Subject: DETAILS.
    > From: SB1@megamail.pt
    > To: XXXXXX

Hello,

My contacting you in this venture is to move this fund to our own use, because the British government wants to confiscate the fund for their own use. I got your email information through the internet during my search for a reliable person who can assist me on this project. Before we start, I will like us to establish trust to enable us achieve this great objective and as I told you before, my name is Mr.Sabastine Kim a British by Nationality.

I expect you to send a copy of your International Passport or any valid ID card to me as part of trustworthiness and togetherness in this mutual business relationship before we can proceed further to the next step in this transaction.

However, I will like to know the following about you.

> 1. Your occupation / Position in the Office.
    > 2. Your Nationality
    > 3. Your marital status.
    > 4. Do you have any off-shore account?
    > 5. Your Age.
    > 6. Your address, direct phone and fax number
    > 7. Sex.
    > 8. Your full Name.

Once I confirm the above information from you, I will start the internal processing for the claim immediately by submitting your name and address to Royal Court of Justice, United Kingdom for the procurement of the Letter of Administration and Affidavit of Fact which I will submit to bank for the approval of the fund on your name as the sole inheritor
    Kindly reply me with full sincerity for us to move forward. I will equally furnish you with the remaining procedure as soon as I hear from you again.

Please call me with this number +44-7045716156

Best Wishes!
    Mr. Sabastine Kim

Mr Kim,

Thanks. What you are asking for from me is reasonable. However, I am a bit nervous about your request. I will certainly send you this information. However, I need a photo of you, right hand on the bible, left in a salute, taken in the bank. Without that photo, how will I know that you are an honest, respectable, patriotic person, with a camera? I won't. You could be anyone. Anyone, without a Bible or a camera.

Again.... I could use 35% of $14 million (USD). I have plans. I have dreams. I have hopes. So I really hope you are a good person, and can send me the photo. Help me dream, send the photo of you. I will give you one week to comply.

If you have issues with downloading your photos, email me. I am good with technology stuff.

CP

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009
    > >> Subject: RE: DETAILS.
    > >> From: sb1@megamail.pt
    > >> To: XXXXXX

My friend am not forcing you to do this business with me and stop asking and tell me those nonsense. If you like, you comply and if you don't like forget it.

Mr Kim,

Dear Mr. Kim,

How do you suggest that I can trust you with all of that personal information? How can I be certain?

Also, what is an off-shore account? Is that like an on-line checking account? If the account is on-line, it might also be off-shore. It might also be on-shore. I don't know where it is.

Is "virtual" on or off shore?

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009
    Subject: RE: DETAILS.
    To: XXXXX

I have nothing doing with your personal information.If you want to partake in this project send what i asked you and stop asking those unnecessary questions.

Mr. Kim,

You will not provide my Bible/Salute/Bank photo. You are short with me. You do not answer my questions. I do not feel very respected as a business partner. I am afraid we have to call this relationship "over".
    I will only deal with respectful Nigerian Bankers who know how to take photos.
    I hope you are pleased with yourself!
    ~CP

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have gotten one of these as well. Dont fall into their trap!

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  4. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Chris, I haven't messed with people on line like that, but I LOVE to torment telemarketers. I even had one believing that I had just won the lottery and wanted to make him my financial advisor one time!

5. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Oh man! I looked at the site http://www.419baiter.com/games.html . I thought that I was so funny. I did a few back and forths with these clowns, but your link takes the cake.

Really, every American needs to ask a few qustions and get these guys talking. With a bit of creativity, it gets real funny.

Best!

CP

6. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    If you guys get these emails, please forward them to chrispalombo@hotmail.com. I am running out of fodder, but I do have 6 really funny threads between myself and these Nigerian Bank Scammer clowns! Thanks.

CP

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i get these e-mails all the time, if its not the UK lottery its someone died and wants to leave me 4 mill. wow this could be loads of fun messin with their head:smile2:

8. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    This is great! I sat at the computer for an hour last night reading these!:smile2:

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I played around with those morons for two years back and forth :smile2: They finally caught though:sad2: I guess they are all intertwined cause the word must have passed as I dont get any emails from those kooks no more:sad2: I wish I did cause it was a blast:big_smile:

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HAHA i too get a kick out of messing with these scammers! i wish i wouldve been as clever as you and saved my emails....lol

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I usually just delete them, I'm afraid of them passing a virus on to my computer via e mail. Perhaps in the future I will have a bit of fun, I did have some one time in the past, but I don't remember what came about or what I did.