Nickajack tail water

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by craddock1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I went to Nickajack today in search of skipjack. The small mouth bass were running in there but no skippies. Chinese and mexicans were carrying out small mouth by the bucket fuls. after a while i just sat on the rocks and watched.

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Frank, were you fishing behind Chickamauga Dam or Nickajack Dam? We haven't checked out the fishing yet but when we do we will let you know how it went.

3. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    We were below nickajack. I had to go to south pittsburg early on business. It was around 1:00 PM when we stopped at the dam. My ribs didn't grow back together after my last surgery so I don't travel much any more. ribs just move around and leave me really sore. Sure was hoping for some bait. I have to go back at the end of may. I love to fish those waters.

4. snakecharmer

snakecharmer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As of April 2nd still no Skipjack running. We also fished all day and caught nothing but some stripe. Above or below the dam.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I have to go to south pittsburg again tomorrow. anyone know if the skippies are there yet. I am taking gear just in case.

6. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    inquiring minds want to know

7. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Answer to the question is "As of last Friday when I was there, the only thing I seen on the surface were Gar, Gar, and more Gar

8. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    None below chick dam as of thursday, even with all this current...:confused2:
    no clue where they have gone the last couple of years...
    Puddle