Nickajack Dam Skips

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cathooker, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Cheez, Spurhunter and myself went to the Nickajack dam just west of Chattanooga to try to stock up on skipjacks. Stock up is exctly what we did. They were really biting well. We were using little cleo spoons, crappie jigs rigged in tandem, and sabiki rigs. There were the magnum sized skips and they were a lot of fun to catch in that swift water.

Attached Files:

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    NO, NO, NO! You're supposed to kiss the other end! :sure:

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Alan, I hope them skips are still tearing it up Monday, Bill (Coloman) is coming up from Texas and we are going to try to catch some of them big ole skips like ya'll did. We are tickled to death for you, John and Erik, those are some good size skips. Way to go fellers. Spur, I have always wonderded how the skips taste but not that way.:big_smile_2:

Thanks for sharing the report and pictures buddy.

We sure wish you fellows could join us next weekend at Pickwick at the gathering there, if you get a chance, come on over and have a blast with us.

4. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    you can mail me some whenever you want.

5. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've fished for skips up there once before....It's such a small area up there it seems they are usually fairly concentrated, and easier to catch.....I caught a bunch of nice channels that day also....they had a couple gates open.