nice web page showing flathead biology

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by katkiller77, Feb 17, 2008.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the site Luckey Wade

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    hey no problem just trying to help rick

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Thanks, that is a fascinating read. I had no idea they liked clams. We used to use them for channels and Blues in the Muskingum (25 years ago I believed that the Blues existed in the Muskingum) I never caught anything but channels on them though. (I also didn't know that clams were illegal 25 years ago)

5. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    good info.thanks

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    it was an interesting article i read it will help me out on the gmr more considering one of the local pay lakes is closed and one of the main reason the gmr is getting more fishing pressure it was a good web page for flats rick:big_smile:

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Great information .... every little bit helps to know the spieces better ... Garry-:big_smile:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    it was good info the flathead is my favorite gamefish followed by the largemouth bass and channel catfish which i seems to catch at the same time on the gmr when using nightcrawlers or creek chub or small sunfish of goldfish.i am repeating myself is at the top of the food chain in ohio with the blue catfish, muskie and striper it is a devouring machine I was fishing a 3 inch goldfish and a 6 inch flathead tried to eat it was the funniest thing i have seen that tells how much the flathead is a true aggressive predator. :wink: