The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Thanks, that is a fascinating read. I had no idea they liked clams. We used to use them for channels and Blues in the Muskingum (25 years ago I believed that the Blues existed in the Muskingum) I never caught anything but channels on them though. (I also didn't know that clams were illegal 25 years ago)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was an interesting article i read it will help me out on the gmr more considering one of the local pay lakes is closed and one of the main reason the gmr is getting more fishing pressure it was a good web page for flats rick:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Great information .... every little bit helps to know the spieces better ... Garry-:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was good info the flathead is my favorite gamefish followed by the largemouth bass and channel catfish which i seems to catch at the same time on the gmr when using nightcrawlers or creek chub or small sunfish of goldfish.i am repeating myself is at the top of the food chain in ohio with the blue catfish, muskie and striper it is a devouring machine I was fishing a 3 inch goldfish and a 6 inch flathead tried to eat it was the funniest thing i have seen that tells how much the flathead is a true aggressive predator. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts