nice sized turtle

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by River_monster91, May 15, 2008.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    other night i was heading to the fishing hole and seen a snapper in the ditch. picked em up took em home and cleaned him. his shell is almost as big as my 15'' truck rim. ill get some pics up here soon of him. hes gonna be real good when i fry em up.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    this time of year is good to find them really shallow at night or crossing roads at night. they should have already bred and should be layin eggs by now.

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    you need to fish with me i caught a snapper 2 days ago that wieghed 20lbs maybe

4. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    When I get home I will have to find the pics of a turtle my brother-in- law caught on a trotline. It measured 9" across the head. The tail looked like a gator tail. A guy from the TP&W came out and told them it was probably alive during the Civil war. They released it back in the lake. You couldn't kill something like that. I'll try and post the pictures next week after I get in from Alaska.

5. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Alligator Snappers can live 150 years and be well over 200lbs! Yeah it would wrong to terminate an old one like that.

6. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    theres a few pics of that turtle.

Attached Files:

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice turtle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Nice turtle brother!

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    How can I keep turtles off my line. My pond has several 12 to 15 pound softshells in it and they are always taking the bluegill I use for bait. I guess I am gonna have to take my machete with me and start lopping heads. It has got so bad that fishing isn't fun because of the #@%$ turtles

10. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    set out a bunch of bank lines and catch em all outa there and kill them, or take you a .22 and a case of pop and sit out there all day and shoot em in the head when they come up for air.

11. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I hate to waste them, I guess I gotta find someone that will dress them out...Don't like killing just to kill them.....

12. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    get a gill net set it out it will catch all of them if it is a private pond thanks sam davis

13. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Nice snapper Donnie .... that should be really tasty when you get it all fried up ....... Garry-:big_smile:

14. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Hey Jerry ... talk to some of those hometown restaurants and bars in the Yulee area .... I am sure that some of them would buy the turtles from you .... that way it would at least be worth the cost of your bait and you can be getting rid of them at the same time .... Garry- :wink:

15. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    to "ateamfisherman" nothing personal, but I was instrumental in getting gill nets banned in Florida's inshore waters. They are nothing but a non-selective killing machine and I pull and burn every one I run across. Since the ban was put in place our fishing has improved over 200%...both in size and in numbers