Nice oklahoma HOG!

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by lightningmetal10, May 12, 2006.

1. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    Dude my uncle sent this to me an i felt it necessary to show you all this thread very interesting!!! Btw my uncle lives in oklahoma near this place... Hog hunting nice? IM from new york, Long island, Ive been to Oklahoma a few times hows the hunting i hear the falthead catfishing is sweet!!! BTW the man in this article is not my uncle lol..... just got sent this fwd by my uncle...

The fellow in the pictures is Larry Earley. He lives about 30 miles from Tulsa, in the very rural community, just off the 412 turnpike. He has 20 acres of land and on it, a few cows and horses. Mostly it's pasture land that is fenced with woods surrounding him.

He is neighbored by a larger cattle ranch.

His neighbor has complained for several years that wild hogs had been raiding his cattle feeders and salt licks.

Last month he saw what he thought was a cow in his pond and went to see if it was stuck in the mud and would have to be pulled out. When he got close enough to realize it was a hog, the thing made a charge at him. He had driven his truck down to the pond and carries a pistol in it (as any Oklahoma redneck would, and I say that with genuine affection). He got his handgun and when it came at him again, he shot it twice and killed it.

Wild hogs in Oklahoma usually run from 100-400 pounds with a 400 pounder being a monster. Because this one had been feasting on grain for several years it had grown to mammoth size. When Larry took it to the processor it weighed in at over 1100 pounds! The meat has no wild taste, as it was grain fed; and Larry is quite the hero. He has fed many in the county and provided the homeless shelter in downtown Tulsa with a couple of meals.

Attached Files:

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Now that is a lot of hog on the hoof. Just think of the size of them pork chops!

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    forget the pork chops squirtspop and think about those pork steakes :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'm with you dusty.

Man o' man.

Now, as Emril would say, I'd like some pork fat please!!!

5. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    reminds me of another widely debated hog, that discover channel did a show about. "hogzilla" check it out sometime.

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pork Fat Rules!

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    All I can say is daaaaaaaaaaammmmm. Wouldnt it be cool to catch a catfish that big...:cool2:

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
  9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    manitellyawhatthatdamnedolsnopesman supposed to be said in boomhauers voice for full effect:cool2:

10. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice pig, looks more like a feral hog mix though than a true European Boar. We used to go after them with a pack of dogs in the lowcountry. Biggest one caught down there was about 500 pounds with about 8 inch tusks. Catching em is one thing. Castrating em is a completely nother thing.

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    We Killed A Giant Bar Hog Right Before Christmas, One We Had Cut About 5Yrs Ago.My Buddy's 11Yr Old Son Stuck It.

I Don't Know How To Send The Pictures, I'll Do It Soon aS I Figure It Out:roll_eyes: Elliot

12. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    woops i guess it is florida... my bad guys lol:crazy: