nice mass 8 mounting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 31, 2007.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this is a buddie of mines first deer. he got it first season firearm with a shotgun. lucky dog. still pinned and drying. its not origional cape/coyotes got to it overnight.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Nice mounts! That reminds me I have a doe I have to pick up in january.

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That's a beautiful deer, and so is the one beside it! Good work. Yep, some people are just lucky. My husband mounted a deer years ago for a guy who killed his first deer, a huge buck. The body was so big, he had to order a large mule deer form to fit it! In fact, he mounted a mulie about the same time, & we made pictures of them together. We told the boy, "You realize, it'll probably never be this good again!" Haven't ever heard from him again; probably went on to kill some record book buck! Ha!

4. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice deer, I killed a decent 8 pointer this year I hope to be getting it back from the taxidermist before to much longer

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got this 8's eyes and nose airbrushed tonight. still need to lighten the inside of nostrals on him and gloss. same as the smaller one next to it. that was a buddies girlfriends first deer too.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Nice deer, both of em. I ain't even seen one like that in 40 years. There is incentive knowin they're out there, but if we're talkin trophy stuff, I got nowhere to go but up. Last year I got a six pt, but small basket, kinda cockeyed and the year before I got a spotted one. I got a long way to go.

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Jeremy, that deer is beautiful. So sleek looking; beautiful cape. Good job, man. Keep up that great work.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya he shot the deer in illinois gun season. huge full swell neck. coyotes ate the throte out of it. he got in a big hurry and ordered a cape off the web from a south carolina taxidermist. he got an early season short hair cape with slender neck. turned out ok and mount looks good. he just expected a large neck but when he ordered the cape he got a 24" neck. but that was bottom measurment. should have been top behind ears. he likes it though. makes rack look bigger.

also there was a tick rub (bare spot ) on the cape right to the right of the brisket just above front leg.(noticable in the bottom pic in first post.) and last pic i posted its barly noticable. still working on it. air brushing color to hide it.