Nice House!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i wouldn't mind living in this one:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for sharing that Phil. You think one would tire of living in a spot like that (just playing the devil's advocate)? The old saying, "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there", could very well apply here.

......but then again, if one were independantly wealthy and could come and go as they pleased.......

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Not me, it don't look Storm proof sitting out there with no protection...lol

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have built things on and off for many years. I have a hard time building a doghouse on level ground. The thing about these kinds of places is how do tradespeople manage to build this kind of stuff? Can you imagine the technicalities of getting out there with the stuff and then building there.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The kegorator would have to be on the dock. I dont think I'd like going to the house for a beer too often.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil thanks for sharing. That is a nice looking house. f you buy it I will come visit you, Probably want stay all night. I will need the elevator working.:big_smile:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lil,too rich for my taste, Id rather have somethin bout a fifth that size way off the beaten path in the woods . but its real purty to gawk at .....

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea, I agree it's in that "Nice to visit; but not stay" category.
    Give me my custom designed log mansion in the middle of about ohhhh 3000 acres or so of prime hunting land with a nice lake and stream to fish in along with a 1000 yard or more rifle range and then you will have my attention!!!!:big_smile:
    But, {THANKS} for sharing. It IS different!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And the first time a storm wiped it out they would want government assistance. LOL! Cool PIC!

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The government would be forced to buy that rock to save the next mentally challenged person from himself.

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking picture,but I think I'll just keep my little ole shack here in S.E. Iowa. Thanks for sharing the picture though.

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    What state is that house located in Phil?

If a guy were rich enough...that'd be an awesome vacation home!

As far as living somewhere though...I'd rather have a log cabin sitting next to Table Rock lake...right up the road from Branson, Mo.

13. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Good one Phil. I don't know if I could live there long but wouldn't it be a hoot while a person did.
    Bill

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've heard of waterfront but that one is waterfront, back and sides. :smile2:

15. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Phil,
    Where did you get a picture of my vacation house?
    Geeze, can't a guy get any privacy:angry:...W

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It wouldn't help me to have it,, couldn't carry in the groceries. I'd have to live on the dock.

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now I know why insurance is so high. We got a cover stuff like that when they fix it once a year for weather damage. LOL.

That house on the rock , has no yard for my dog to roam around in. Those
    stairs look like a long way to fall , if I could even walk up and down them . I couldn't get my wife to bring me a beer now and then . Plus I bet its windy all the time and no crickets to listen too at night while sitting around the fire and where would I get my fire wood from and no hunting. Guess I could shoot shark from the roof. LOL. :tounge_out:

I wouldn't mind buying a vacation island somewhere but that rock is not what I had in mind. I was thinking something more in the line of, Gillians Island with a big nice beach, jungle, couple of Mary Ann's and Ginger's bringing me umbrella drinks, baiting my hooks and fresh sea food for snacking on with maybe a pig cooking on the fire. The rough life.
    LOL. :wink:

I'll still take that house if given to me just so I could sale it, ( maybe for a prism ) use the money to get me a place like the others said , in the woods, lots of land, forest with big trees, few hills, lake , stream, hunting/fishing. Rent my island out for income.
    I would only come to town about twice a year, buy a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line. One road in and out with a sign saying, You better stay away from Copperhead Road.
    O yea, paradise. :big_smile::cool2:

But thanks for that pic of the rock. It was cool to see how fools spend their money. LOL.