Nice day on Chickamauga

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gruffy911, Aug 24, 2009.

1. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I talked to a fishing buddy of mine Sun. night 8-23-09 and he said he had caught 17 from 2-10lb. on Chickamauga. Naturally we had to go again this morning to catch that big one he had let get away. So at 6:30 am we were putting the boat in at Blyth Ferry. We fish until about 12:30 and only caught 3 fish. The pic is the biggest one we got. And yeah, I caught it. We got several bites, but the fish were just pecking at it like bluegill or something do. It was a nice day on the water anyway though.

Attached Files:

2. festus

festus New Member

Good report, gruffy. I haven't fished Chicamaugua since the 1970's, and that was in the Harrison Bay area. Well, below Watts Bar Dam is technically Chicamagua, and TVA and TWRA won't let bank fishermen in there anymore.

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WTG Mr. Dave..Thats a nice fish..Thanks for sharing..

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice fish Dave. Thanks for the pic an post!

5. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Glad you caught some fish Dave and thanks for the report. I finally got to go today and caught 3 ranging from 2 pounds to 9 pounds. Iplan on going in the morning and will post on what I catch.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Thats a nice fish..Thanks for sharing

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thanks for the report Dave..

Mark, Hope you where them out tomarrow,, Me and Alan are going to hit it wed morning and see if we can do any good...:wink:
    Good luck
    Puddle

8. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    John good luck to you and Alan. I didn't go this morning as this night shift thing is killing me. I will be back on my regular shift after Thursday ao I can get back to some good fishing. I look for you and Alan and Cheez whenever I'm up at the nuke. I even look for old gruffy. LOL