Nice crappie's 14"/15"

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, May 6, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    had a great april in southern indiana, limited out several days. crappies were hitting, a piture of my 6 year old with his 16" crappie is here in local indiana. i go there every spring for vacation and this was one of my best years for crappie and mushrooms. kids loved the fishing/hunting. taking them sunday to crappie fish at a big lake in northern indiana hope we can do some good. i used small jigs with, small minnows. seemed like the bigger crappie wanted that.

2. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh, my fishfinder did its job, first time i've used one. found the crappies off a beaver dam.

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nothing like Indiana crappies:wink: . We've got a lake we go to in Brown County and it's not hard to locate the big ones year round. Last fall my dad had one on that I was sure was gonna be a state record and then it broke his line:sad2: . We saw it come towards the surface once and it looked like a flounder lol. Before we saw it, we were thinking it would be a nice bass, but then it was the biggest crappie either of us have ever seen up close and personal and then snap went the line. He's still discouraged about it.