Nice Channel Catfish..

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bownero, Jun 28, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Another weekend with the family at the Lakehouse at Johnson Lake in Nebraska. Figured I would take my brother-in-law and his friend out in the boat at Elwood Res just south of Johnson Lake, for some Cattin' action. Saturday night was a text book night for some trolling action for Catfishing! I love doing this sort of presentation with Bloodbait so I can cover some water.

About 8:00 pm. I was hooked up on a nice Channel Cat. I was fishing 12' of water close to the shoreline and seen some nice Catfish on the locater. After a 5min battle it was landed, weighed and some pics taken at the garage of our cabin. It weighed in at 15lb 6oz and measured 32'' long. Another Nebraska master angler for the books!! Not to brag, but I like keeping tabs on the big fish, when their caught, time and weather and water conditions. Just as a referral for the next outing. It's been a great year so far for catching big Channel Cats for myself and friends. Still hoping to tap into one of those 20lb hawgs someday. Just have to keep at it. Here's a couple of pics to enjoy. Mine and Eric's 5lb 12oz Channel Cat he kept. Mine was CPR safely back to the water. We all caught cats in the 3-8lb range. Some of them were kept for our appetite. Any cat over 8 was released!! Only kept 4 out of the 10 we caught. That was enough for us 3 to eat. Tasted great!!

Thanks and tight lines to all!!
    Mark.. 100_2481.jpg

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's Eric's 5lb 12oz. Nice cat for sure. I apoligize, because I had to scale the pic down to upload it.

Attached Files:

3. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on the nice channels.....:wink:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Great job and congrats on the big one. Enjoyed the pics.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats, that's a big channel cat!

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice Channel Cat.