Nice Bird

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by muzkrat, Apr 22, 2008.

1. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i took a nice bird last sat. started out with 3 birds gobbling on the roost. they got real quiet on the ground so i decided to wait them out. at 9 i started calling again and had all 3 birds answering. finally had 1 come in at 10:30 and was able to put him down. 23lbs 9 3/4 in beard 1 1/4 hooks on one side and 1 3/8 on the other side. i took a bunch of pics but not sure how to get them on here yet. will post when i figure it out. i was useing a rem 870 pump with 3 in. hevi shot in a # 6. shot the bird at 45 yrds.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Congrats on a nice bird

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    congrats on the bird !!! I got mine as well with a 45 yard shot but I use 3 1/2 hvy 2oz #4 shot I get a much better patteren with them out of my benelli

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats, sounds like a nice bird. When do we get pics?

5. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i will get up pics as soon as i figure out how. i am just a dumb ole turkey huntin catfishin deer hunting rabbit hound chasing one finger punchin country boy and it takes me a while to figure these things out. :smile2:

6. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Congrats. I always say, stick and stay, make them pay. I think many hunters want to move all around the woods when they need to just stay put. Can't wait for the pics.

7. katcaller

katcaller New Member

State:
    in
    Great job James, that hevi shot is the ticket for toms in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing the photos. katcaller

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats James. I still ain't been able to pry one away from the hens yet,,,but there'll come a day.

9. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Way to go!!! congrads on your successful hunt.