nibbling scent

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jerellman, May 20, 2006.

1. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Just wondering, if a catfish swallows your bait then spits it out and leaves it scent, will other catfish still bite it?

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think it would depend on the bait.If your using say dip bait it would probably be gone.but if your using liver or something like that it would be fine it wouldnt effect it any.Them kitties dont mind if its been nibbled on a little.

3. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with james it does really make a differences. Cats will eat anything as long as your bait is still on there.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Yes they will and no they will not!!

I've seen this happen all the time when fishing the Flatheads when using cut bait. In fact I seen this go on for three months where the Flats would ONLY "Nibble" two times over 70% of the time and not come back UNLESS one would recast the bait in the same area and/or move the bait along the bottom about a foot or more, go figure (great question as I said!!!) During this 3 month period there was times when they would shift modes and slam it too but then go back to the two time thing stated above!!!

Also they have changed the way they bite all the time since but get 85% of my Shovels on what I call the "Lite-Bite".