NHL enforcers

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by BigCatSteve, Jan 26, 2006.

1. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Do you think the new rules in the nhl has eliminated the enforcer??? voice your opinion

2. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    In a way, yes I do. I mean there still is a need for the enforcer but the new rules kinda make it more difficult to play that role. I like a good fight here and there but the new rules seem to impact that as well. Not too many fights this season.

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i agree the new rules are trying to rid the enforcer. But also at the same time it is hard to get your enforcer on the ice because of all the penalties from the new rules

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    It has obviously changed, but I think the best thing on a resume for the enforcers out there now would be speed. Thats the thing--- If you dont have the speed to get in front of the guy, you're gonna get the penalty every time you touch em.

Nashville, Calgary, Vancouver- Theyre catching on faster than most teams out there. Speedy enforcers are paying off.

5. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    Sal hit the nail right on the head ....
    if your D line can keep up its still good ...
    sometimes change is good but i still miss the old days too

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    i miss watching the Anchorage Aces up in Alaska, while they were nto a proffessional team they always put on a good show. One of the main reasons was they were as physical as any team out there and you could count on at least a fight a night. Now I understand that the world has gotten softer and more cuddly with all the new rules but I personnally feel it takes away form the game itself. One major part of Hockey was always knowing that at any given time you could get knocked out by an enforcer on the other team, taking that ability away, well I just think it takes from the game. Similer to all the new NFL rules it is getting to the point where you just about cannot touch a wide reciever or QB without a penalty flag which is taking away form the game.

Just my opinion though.

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i can understand that, since im not close enough to columbus im a season ticket holder for the dayton bombers, they have one little forward by the name of Marco Caprara. Only 5'8 but he can tear apart any enforcer. Hasnt lost a fight all year. Steve and I watched fine cut up a guy that was 6'3 named Cole Byers. Worst beating i have ever seen