Next years gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Creteus, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    We need to start thinking about where and when we will be having next years gathering. Seeing how much a pain in the a$$ to get one planned to everyones liking lets go ahead and start arguing on where to have it then we can move on to the dates, lol. Lets see I've been to 5 and they have been at Oconee twice, Altamaha twice and West Point once. Never had one on the Coosa river if anyone likes that idea. I guess we can start another poll when we get some locations, which I'm pretty sure will result in the same as always:beat_brick:.

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    If we are thinking about the coosa, Here is a option on where to stay,,
    :wink: Prity nice there but I have not camped...
    http://www.rfpra.com/comm-lockndam.htm

Another opton with a nice campground is Rocky Mountain Prodject PFA not on the river but two nice lakes and good camping not far from the Coosa

Puddle

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There's some good fishin' on the Coosa in the spring. Catfish (blues, channels, & flats), stripers, crappie, and white bass are all there in good numbers. The only bad thing about the Coosa in the spring is the crowds and boat traffic, especially on the weekends.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    What about High Falls? It would be a central location and it has big flatheads. Is there a good campground? Don't know about rules and regs.

5. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I camped there the rest of the week after the gathering this year , nice campground and area, only down side is you cant use your outboard on the lake "might be 10hp not sure" but you can troll all over the lake,,,:wink:
    Puddle

6. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Not even at idle speed? How big is the lake?

7. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Yup,That kind of how I feel about it,,,:angry: we need to get Dwayne on here,,He can fill us in about the lake better than me,,,and its a prity big lake..
    Puddle

8. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
  9. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    high falls is small and it has a 10 hp limit on motors i think that will discourage alot of people, also no boats at night. i would count that one out.

10. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Even with High Falls right here at home i would not want to have it there no night fishing and the 10 hp limit. I never been to the coosa sounds good to me !!!!! How about Jullett but its got a 25 hp limit on it !!!!! Oh and you got good flathead on Blackshear!!!!!!!!

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I enjoyed fishing the Coosa at the BCQ in Rome. I would not mind another shot at it!

12. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I was thinking blakshear also but theres a few weeks out of the year that the gnats will drive you nuts. Thats where I caught the 100# turtle that I posted a while back. I didn't catch a single cat though. Plenty of gar stealing the bait.

The Coosas got my vote since I've never been there. Its a bit out of the way for about 90 percent of the state though.

13. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I also vote coosa. Never been and want to go.

14. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I live in in rome'ga I fish the coosa alot it is very good fishing there and some large fish I never come home empty handed and you want to fish it in the spring night time run is very good you don't have to worry about that much traffic. But the lock-n-dam is the only camp ground around here but there is a couple more ramps though and there is hole as deep as 60 ft. I would like to some of yall come up I like to meet yall because I can't do that much traveling.It be would be cool to have yall here. If yall need any info about it I sure be glad to try and help yall out

15. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Thanks Brian. Welcome to the BOC:big_smile:

16. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    10 hp limit ?? you wanna race westpoint paul? lol

17. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I'll outrun you with my trolling motor oconeeaaron. :smile2: LM_O

18. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    coosa gets my vote!:big_smile: never been there, but been wanting to get up that way!

19. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Can you use a big boat on the Coosa or do you need a jon boat?

20. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You can run a big boat from the old lock and dam (where the campground is) downstream to AL if you want to. You can't go upriver from the lock and dam unless the river's really high.