next weekend

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Aug 3, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    My girlfriend and i will be visiting some friends at Virginia Beach next weekend and i was wanting to do some cattin while im down there. Ive heard and seen good things about the james river and have no idea where to fish it. We will be doing some saltwater fishing and fresh. Im not looking for anyones honey holes or anything like that. I dont care if its the most fished place in the state as long as i can get a line wet. If anyone knows any places close to where im at or within 2 hours please pm me. thanks

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    ive been looking at some maps, just not having the easiest time finding public access. And maps dont show what are private property areas

3. VaFisherMan

VaFisherMan New Member

State:
    virginia
    It depends...are you gonna have a boat or not? If you don't have a boat you'll be severly limited but If you do then try out Jordan Point Marina.

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    im not taking the boat this time, its still in NC being worked on.

5. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va

Of places I know, and from where you'll be.... I'd say give Walker's Dam (On the Chickahominy River) a shot. Usually good for good numbers of Channels, and a good bet for decent Blues... nice floating pier, a few bucks for close parking. Not a bad ride, distance or driving from Va Beach. If you been searching by map, you've seen it's a trib of the James. Need anymore info, feel free to PM, or ask here... and here will get you more, I'll bet ;) A stop by Pierce's BBQ ain't bad for a bite to eat, a real popular spot, to make a nice trip for you and your girl....

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thanks for all the info guys, i have one more question has anyone tried the Rudee fishing boats? the price wasnt too hurtful but im just wondering if its even worth, judging by the fishing reports it sounds like fish i could catch off the pier

7. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    Not sure which boats your speaking of? Head boat/6 man charter? A boat name, or site and I may can get the info you're looking for... :wink:

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nate wishing you an the family good luck fishing down there. Catch some big ones an post some nice pics!

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    http://rudeeinletcharters.com.dnnma...esGuideWhatsBitingWhen/tabid/161/Default.aspx.

theres their website, i was thinking the morning trip for the 8am-12. But the more reports i read and studying im thinking i would have fun in the chesapeake catching the sharks. They are probaly my favorite species (Freshwater and Saltwater) to catch.