Next Trip

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by bwanatony, Jun 11, 2006.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    The next trip ought to be a Trophy Hunt.
    Hit one of the big time destinations that scores a lot of Master Angler entries.
    Be great to have Lucky Larson, Lucky Kitty, Lucky Jon, & Lucky Steven James, and more along to really tag team 'em. I'll have to look at the calendar.

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    OK,
    Pretty slow at work today, so... I did some research.

Master angler catch & KILL for the last 5 years heavily favors the St. Joe. Lots of fish in the high 30's being REMOVED down there.

But: In the Catch & RELEASE section, the lower Grand comes on very strong.

No particular month stands out, good fish caught May through September, and August has it's fair share.

I want to fish where they are, not where they were, therefore:

The weekend of August 18,19,20 is the time. The lower Grand is the place.

I'll have to do some scouting to find some public land (maybe an island or gravel bar) where it is legal & practical to camp & fish from both bank & boats. If someone has a place, or a suggestion where to start looking, join in- the more the merrier. BOC members only, of course ;>).

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Tony, I'm up for it for sure. That would be a nice precursor to my national gathering excursion that I have planned for September. Hopefully, we can get some folks to climb on board and come along for the ride...

4. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    i wont be camping out, but count me in.....noboby at home to take care of the dog.....ill be out there every night, and since i live so close, ill just head home to catch some zzzzz's.
    tony- riverside park is open 24 hours, would camping be allowed there? its close to the bouyous, and close to eastmanville. rumor is, lots of big flatties in that stretch......

5. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I'd love to be there guys, but thats the week-end of my 28th anniversary. If I go fishing, (as much as I'd like to) I just might not see my 29th. For thoses of you who know my wife, she is one of a kind and not replaceable.
    Thanks for the invite Tony, but I'll have to make it another time.
    Sparky

6. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Yes sir sparky she is not replaceable at all! she is one of a kind!!!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SPARKY!!!!!!!!!!!When you find a woman that will put up with the shit she has with you. You had better hold on for all your life! Good luck my friend!