Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this summer we went to Sandusky Bay and really enjoyed the trip. Next summer we already have booked a place on Kerr Lake. This one is a bit nicer as it has lake access and a dock, so I can leave the boat in. It is also nice as the place as kayaks, canoe, and has a sandy beach that the kids can walk to, so plenty of stuff for the kids to do if they don't feel like fishing.

Also if looking at doing a trip, check out the AirBNB or VRBO. ALot of these places aren't anymore money than a hotel and they have far more conveniences since you are staying in a house. Especially with me as we will probably have 8-10 people on the trip.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Though I will easy up spots to fish ...I don't normally give up a good place to stay a AND fish lol....But ....I will the ...the place I stay at Mill Creek is called Blue Heron Campground ..I believe they do the AirBnB ...Its hard to get the cabin now as it is because they do Air BNB ...lol...But ...Ill gladly mention it ..It'd where almost all of our Flatties were caught this year . There is a boat ramp at the mouth on the Ohio river ...so ...if ya wanna make it harder for me to get lol.....( joking) ...I do recomend it if WV is in your destinations....Tigjt Lines everyone !

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Though I will easy up spots to fish ...I don't normally give up a good place to stay a AND fish lol....But ....I will the ...the place I stay at Mill Creek is called Blue Heron Campground ..I believe they do the AirBnB ...Its hard to get the cabin now as it is because they do Air BNB ...lol...But ...Ill gladly mention it ..It'd where almost all of our Flatties were caught this year . There is a boat ramp at the mouth on the Ohio river ...so ...if ya wanna make it harder for me to get lol.....( joking) ...I do recomend it if WV is in your destinations....Tigjt Lines everyone !
Thanks. I fish the Ohio River quite a bit. I am close to the Pike Island pool and New Cumberland pools at home. We have a hunting camp down near Marietta Ohio, so I hit the Willow Island and Belleville pools there quite a bit. Seems to me that the fishing is better the farther south that you go on the Ohio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts