next state record

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by capmadlee, Jun 10, 2009.

1. capmadlee

capmadlee Member

State:
    p hill missouri
    lets see how sure all you catfishers are. whos going to catch it and out of what body of water. my guess is its me and out of lake of the ozarks. lets see how deep it gets in here

2. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    I have to believe he will come off a small river like the Platte about ten 4 miles from the Missouri. This just happens to be one of my favorite holes. :wink: bold statement for a first time poster huh?

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    If I was a betting man :wink:, Id bet Fishking at the Missouri River around KC.

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    When We going? :big_smile_2: And Welcome to the BOC Big Bolt

5. ShotgunBill

ShotgunBill New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Missouri river above Glasgow and below Kansas City, well that is where I hope to catch her. HAHA:wink:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Truman or Lox but i'm not sure i'll get up ther for a few more weeks unless Truman gets back on the horse. Welcome to all you new guys, ya'll found the right site weather ya find the record or not.:wink:

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its gona be some ol riverrat here mabe even me getten a 130lb blue:wink:
    Need hip boots yet?. I can still dream.:smile2:

8. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm headed down to Warsaw in the moring and think Scotty is going also, so tomorrow the record for blue, flathead, channel cat, and fish stories will definately be broken :wink:. Chris

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yep got my scuba diving outfitt cleaned and my air tanks charged

just sharpend the points on the spear gun arrows :wink:

here kitty kitty :smile2::smile2:

if i tug the rope 3 times chris pull me up i got him :big_smile:

if i pull 4 times hes got me leg :crazy::eek:oooh::sad2: send angel down to help me !!!!!!!

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I think the next record blue will come somewhere on the Mighty Mo river between KC and Waverly. Sorry Scotty and Chris bigger fish in the river:wink:.

Tom

11. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    i agree with tom on that one

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I hear ya tom that mighty mo has some monster swimmin in it for sure :wink: hope im with ya when ya catch him buddy trust me he wont get away if ya get him up to the boat ill put all my 350 lbs to work !!!
    I hope ya got a 4 x life jacket in the boat ill probably need it :smile2::smile2:

I lost a monster close to the mouth of the sni creek but i think it was a sturgen or spoonbill from the look of the tail , I think sturgen because i had about 4 river worms loaded up on the hook it was at night and only seen a glimps of the tail 1 time and it was over :sad2:

couple times i took my 2 man boat and put in at the little muddy ramp by that old gas station and fished towards the mouth .

did pretty good in the sni at times caught flatheads and channels .
    I miss that little boat but i got too heavy for it lol

13. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    mississippi and missouri mouth, osage and missouri mouth, or waverly area on mo river

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Rusty. I'll say east of KC on the Mo. River.

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll say it will be the Missouri River more likely than the Mississippi River. I am sure there are record fish swimming in either one but the MO doesn't have the pressure of the Commercial guys running the @#$%^$ NETS!:embarassed:

EDIT: Forgot to add....... I hope it's at least in my boat, even if I ain't the one that hooks it. :roll_eyes:

16. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I heard tell there is a alligator loose at lake of the ozarks, " be very very careful, they like live bait too"LOL Seriously I did read someone lost a 4 or 5 foot alligator down there, be safe, welcome to the BOC

17. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    If there is it wont make it thro the winter, when fall comes it will end up sitting out on a blacktop parking lot or road till then i wouldnt splash around at waters edge

18. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    my money would be on the mo river for blues and flats, but the channel cat record might be broken up at mark twain. i had a big one on a while back that i got on to the shore before it broke my leader and slid back down into the water. sucker had to be the better part of 35+ pounds....the post was tittled "mark twain.....the one that gotta way".
    that was hands down the biggest channel i have ever seen, but stupid me made the rookie mistake of holding on to the leader, and when he bucked his head he snapped the swivel on the leader. a 45 pound test leader at that!
    just so you now i was fishing at the highway u boat ramp with liver(of all things),in about 6 foot of water.

19. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would say that the Mo Around Waverly. I hooked a fish down their 3 years ago, set the hook, it took at least 60 foot of line, 2 head shakes and snap. Not sure what it was but it felt like a dump truck when it hit!!!

20. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think the streach above gasconade4 miles then downriver to cole creek hole. We got some big deep holes in that area. The same hole I got the 74lb I have lost 2 fights this year even with the high water haven em scattered. One was on good nailed a live 10 inch shad runn right into the slot and tangeld in the piles in high water. The other nailed a 11 inch dead slashed bighead it headed for the channel along the dike couldent stop him and he cut me off on the rock. I already had one 9/0 hard hook straitend on the wifes trot line in another hole and the line pulled out of place. A guy got a 65 last week here. There are some big fish in the MO and they getting bigger. Guess I am just biased --- but Warsaw has a hell of a shot @ the record go get em Scotty.