Next OKC Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by fishinbuddy, Oct 6, 2005.

1. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

We should have more OKC gatherings in the local area. I would like to propose anouther get together for this fall. Maybe October 21 and 22. I dont care where but would like it to be close. My truck gets like 10.5 miles per gallon. :cursing:

If there are any other takers on a gathering the 21 and 22 of october then lets start roling on this.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm interested, fishinbuddy, where do you live? i would like to do another nite trip to el reno....if we can get some people interested, it is possible i could pick you up

3. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i will go any where lets get it together

4. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

Hey Phil, I live in Midwest City. I have never fished El Reno and am always up for new waters. I will have to work late Friday night so early Saturday maornin would be the best time.

5. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

Mark, we will have to go hit up the dam pretty soon. I have tryed to find some good spots on the river by the house with no luck. But I will keep looking. Call me when you get a chance to wet a line.

6. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
    Catfishing at Eufaula is really getting Hot .

7. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

Well, I guess we need to vote on where we should go that weekend. Yall post when and where you want to go. Anywhere close to OKC is good. With gas the way it is, no one wants to drive forever and not catch fish. I would rather get skunked close by. I am good at that. So lets get some votes in and a count of who is goin to show up.

8. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Since none of the rivers around the city would make sense logistically, I would suggest Hefner. Thunderbird or El-Reno are also good. As long as we're talking central oklahoma im there.

9. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

Thanks for the vote MTRIMBLE. Which one do you like the best.

10. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I havent fished it much and dont know anyone that has. The couple of times I have been I mainly fished from the dock and didn't have much luck. It was featured in Catfish Insider awhile back for its blues. Its a well wooded lake and seems to have alot of habitat. The fishing report ALWAYS says no info or slow. I just think that its an overlooked lake because of all the bad publicity its had. It would be interesting to see what a few knowledgable fisherman could do with it. What do you guys think? Like I said im fine with any place in the central area.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok guys, sorry i haven't been back in here lately. business has slowed way down the last 3 weeks, and i am financially embarrased right now. i would still like to go to an all-nighter of some sort. if you guys get one going be sure to let me know by pm or something