Next Gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Aug 2, 2009.

Next Central California Gathering

1. Mendota Slough

2. James Rd.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Where would you like the next gathering to be?

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    What about Isabella this week end.... I'll head up there say Wed. to save a beach spot... take the RV..... Mr. RRssSmith "Ray" may go.... what you say.... crappie.. cats trout... beer and sausage... fire (not sure on the fires)

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Poor lil truck barely makes it out to the slough:smile2: Isabela sounds cool though:wink:

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Ray it looks like i probably cant make isabella until i am back from my travel( mid sept) but i think a early oct would be a great gathering for isabella

5. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Yea, I hear ya on the truck... sounded like it had "internal" and "external" noises when you fired it up to go home... LOL....

6. gilmafam

State:
    California

I was thinking that it might be early since you are going to "up North"..

maybe.... I'll just stay and do the salt .... down south closer to where the Yelllow tail are.....

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    :eek:oooh: Don't scare me:smile2:

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    we can always try to get a oct thing going on,should be enough notice?

9. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    Well ya' ll looks like a tie vote so fer! Come on guys let's see some votes for a gathering!
    Fish04
    Don

10. gilmafam

State:
    California
    I guess that I could take my wifes car to James road.... I pull my quad up there and then I could pull the trailer over the tracks and drive out there to fish... could even put groups of guys on the trailer or ice chest etc to get out there?.....

Hell what am I talking obout ... I've never been there before...

but some of you guys saw it before.... from what I saw on google.. looks as the "spot" is like 3/8 mile from the tracks?? I could shuttle people... Will my or our cars be safe by the tracks...One more thing... does the train come down the track... dont want some feeking train waking me up if I'm sleeping right next to the tracks...:angry:

It is legal out there????..... almost got busted at Mendota...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Robb can your truck clear the racks at james rd?

12. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Yeah, we've been back there in Robb's truck before. I park my car by the tracks and we ride in the pick-up over the tracks.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    My vote gose to "James Road". :wink:
    I myself would love to see the next Gathering at James Road for 2 reasons:
    1. It's new water (well - to me anyway)
    :roll_eyes:
    &
    2. Every time I came up to the Slough, we talk about the fishing up there, but this time someone fished it while we were having our Gathering, & had good luck there & "Had the fish to prove it too.
    (Capt.Steve)
    :wink:

:0a23:

14. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    Heck don't know what we are all fretting about lets just do both. If the time is right for MS lets do it and if not JR will do but lets jest do it fellows. Okie doakie! Ya'll! It's all just a matter of setting up a time fer sure.
    Fish04
    Don

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Fellows,
    I agree with Don on this one - the only thing that I could see getting in my way of doing this is running my fantasy football leagues - other then that lets just:
    "Get Her Done":tounge_out: (lol).
    :wink:

16. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Oh what the hell Bert.... I'll bring my generator (inverter) and you just need too have access to a Robb (lap-top) or something like that... just run the show "live" from the bank.... Oh, since I'm not one of thoes "sports buff"..... what do I know... maybe you need a newspaper too....

Anyway to help..... I'm just here "itching" to go somewhere... one more wheel bearing on the street side and I'm all lubed up and ready....

This week end... next week end..... If Mossdale landing was alive and well I'd go there....

Well back outside to get to work... to grease I mean....

I just need an answer to the question.... will my wifes car be OK at the rr tracks.... will it be all together when I come back across the tracks?

17. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    The car will be fine. I have left my car at the tracks before lots of times and have never had any problems. You can see it from most places at James Rd. I would like to set up camp near the tracks and just hop in the back of trucks to go fish at night. If you want nice fish it is important to try your luck at different spots. I would say at least 3-4 different spots at about 30min to 1hr, depending on the bite. There are some nice "hang-out" spots out there. Where we end up will depend on how many people come out. Are we working on a date yet?

18. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Thanks for the infor Sean... I' still wondering about the RV.... like those comforts.... :wink:.... Is there room to turn around my RV there.... thought that I'd maybe bring the ATV... I can always un-hook the trailer if needed......With the ATV... I'd be able to check out more area I think....

Then I could "shuttle" folks back to their cars.. with the trailer attached to the back of the ATV....(got a hitch on the front and back of it).

19. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I have seen people with RV's back there before. There are definitely places where you can turn it around. If I can get out there I will try and take a couple pics of the road at the 2 places you may have a hard time. Over the tracks is one spot and then when you come in and turn left along the tracks the road is narrow with 3-4ft drops on either side. Then you could make your own decision. I think you would be fine with the RV. I will try to get out there this weekend. There is also another road that you can take to get there and you avoid the narrow road, but had big potholes last I checked(a year or two ago). The roads always change out there every year after the winter and spring months pass. Let me get back to ya.

Robb, Capt Steve, or anyone else; if ya go out to James Rd take pics of the narrow rd when you turn left on the road that dead ends at the tracks, and then take pics of the road going over the tracks, and check out the road that comes back out to James Rd from the other side. I don't ask for much do I?:smile2: If nobody goes then I will at least try and drive out to take pics of the place.:wink:

20. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Sean.... been looking real close in google earth.... Captn Steve says the S Denver road is not like driving on a levy... but I hear ya on the "pot holes"

I enhanced my google map and got a good view of things....but no 3D look.... Ya know, "I'm hot to go" .... Me and the Quad... can look first, and then drive in...

Soon as I finish up this boat of mine... doing the finish cleaning of bearings now.... I Think I"ll start on the "quad trailer", and check the oil in the quad...... Oh... I feel some fishing comming on....