Next BOC Catfishing Club Event : California Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by muskyman, Nov 7, 2005.

1. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    All right guys, lets do another event. Irvine ? San V ? DVL ? Lets do another catfish event. The numbers of fish may not be there, but I bet some fatties will show up. Whattya say ?

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well brother, if I lived near ya'll, I would be a go. Unfortunitly I live 200 miles away.

3. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Dude this site died since the trout took over.

Im down for whatever tho-

Does San V offer overnight stay? or is there a campground nearby?

Id have to arrange some sort of ride if its more than 40 minutes away...so irvine is the easiest for me...but i could figure the others out as well.

On a side note, for the military members here- irvine will let you in free i think in the 11th and 12th...

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Mike,

We can still talk about fishing even though it isn't cats. The BOC has many different areas for topics that do not even include fishing. Everyone should look around the new site and continue to post.

-Brian

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey dave,-----any one for the river? the fishens free. i,m good for any time. been a little slow on the boc for s cal, were ya all at?

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi guys, I am still here. I have not fished since our last afternoon gathering. Weekends are best for me and holidays.
    Dale, how many miles to the Colorado river from L.A would you figure?

Jaime

7. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    jaime 170 from riverside, so what another 40 or 50 for you, takes me about 2 1/2 hrs to make it from riverside to blythe on a fri. afternoon.. got room for three others in my truck for the ride out

8. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ok seeing were on the subject, who's in for a spring(2006) time fish-n-camp gathering at the river. any dates are good for me but been looking in april at the 7th, 8th(fri), 9th(sat), 10th and 11th. here's why I think it mite be the best time.The weather is the very very best that time of year, tax day and easter will be the following weekend, the full moon will be on the 13th( good for getting around on the river at nite), this would be the start of spring break for some who get it off(bluehunter), the flathead will bitting by then w/ lots of channels to be had, and the river should be running high by then, won't be a lot of boats on the river other then us

what i,ll do for the weekend is reserve and pay the for the two spots next to my trailer for the tents and partying, that would give a total of six parking spots for folks that want to sleep in trucks and maybe room for one rv and room for a gang of tents. any one wanting a spot for an rv will have no problem getting one about 27.00 per nite w/elc. and water but no sewer(to close to the river for sewer)and there is motels in town for the folks who don't camp but the fun will be in camp

were this camp is, is on the colorado river (30' and you in the water) in blythe ca about 5 miles north of the 10 fwy,. 170 miles from riverside and about 2 1/2 hrs. what the camp has, all camping is on grass under trees, super clean restrooms and showers, a camp store w/lots of beer, a boat ramp and dock ( got some nice channels fishen off of the dock). Name of camp is Hidden Beaches Resort

There's great fishen from a boat with a lot of good spots from the banks of the river and lots of canals to fish, i,ll put some maps togather for the spots i go.
    I think this would a blast for all. bring the the family and friends and have good time. so lets roll this date around some and how it goes for all

i know it's a long time off but i well need to reserve the spaces next to me soon to make sure we have them

river(colorado)bud(weiser)

9. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    dave muskyman im still in for somthing around here or at the river in the near future. not much for sarl

10. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Hey, I am down for the river thing ; I agree, no SARL events, I worked there for too many years - I cannot stand that place, it's like fishing in a toilet. So for the river thing, is this from shore, or should I bring my boat ? I can bring the tent if needed, and if I bring like 3 or 4 guys in my truck, we can cut down on costs too. Lets do this, I know Brian is down for this too.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Dale the River trip is a great idea. We can make this a plan. April is good for me. We can set up a date and will have plenty of time to prepare and get people together for this.

I will be at San V this Friday and possibly Saturday. A guy I know got a 37 pounder last week and supposively a 50 pounder and a 15 and 2 broken off misses as well eventhough I did not see the 50 pounder in this weeks reports. I will be making 2 trips a month to San V from now thru end of Feb every other weekend so if anyone wants to go in on a boat hit me up. i normally stay in San Diego at friends houses and sometimes just camp out in my car there at night. YEs Mike you can camp out outside of the lake at the entrance. Also nearby lake Jennings has a big camping area.

12. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Im in on the next trip Blue, preferably after the 18th...ill have some more cash after then. :cool:

13. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    O yeah, and of course im in on the next one of these gatherings.. ;)

Probably wouldnt be more than me and one more, maybe even just me.
    Just keep me posted as it progresses.

14. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey there ya brian, dave,mike and all others i think it will be a good one i'll start a new thread for the one in spring but lets do somthing else a little mini -gethering soon.

dave a boat down there is a real +, but there's plenty of place's to shore fish. your boat is the best type down there you'll be able to get into a lot good places, a nice lite boat with good power is nice down there

going down there this weekend if anyone wants to make it out there. i try to get out of here by 4pm fri nite so i can get some goldfish at the bait shop before he closes up. post here or pm me. can put up a few other pep's inside the trailer got 3 other beds other than my own plus some mats for the floor

15. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    bluehunter mayb your kinda weather, rain--------- good luck on the 110lber

16. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Then I will bring my boat on down there. I agree, I wanna go before then. I wish I could find the guy who came up with this 5 day work week ; I would like to have a few words with him.

17. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    You mean the "5 day look at the fishing forums 1000 times week"

Need to get some work done.... :eek:

18. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    I know work 2, fish 5, lol. I think i fell like im getting a cold. call in sick dude

19. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Hey, I work hard ; hardly working. I make it look good. Here I am , rattling away this keyboard and shouting things out - makin it look good. It's tough work, but someone has got to do it. But ya wanna know what's alot tougher ? Holding 75lbs of fish straight out from your body. Man does that kill. :D

20. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    anybody of thinken of were and when?