Newton Lake Catfisherman

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by deerhunter4, Jun 4, 2007.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    hello any one on here fish Newton CIPS Lake for catfish...I was wondering about fishing the cold water side?

has anyone ever had any luck on the cold water side for cats...also are there any blues or flatties in there?

Just asking if any one wants to share I would love to hear anything to try...

Thank You all....

Paul Sally and Kids
    Saying
    Fish On

2. tm509

tm509 New Member

State:
    central IL
    I have fished there some and always had good luck on the warm side.
    tm509

3. jak61

jak61 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Catfishing Newton Lake has been slow this year as of past years. But you can find channels just about anywhere on the lake. Dip bate and shad works good.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul if you plan on fishing Newton Lake, make sure you have all the permits, license, and safety equip for your boat up to date. I was there one day and the DNR officer watched a couple put in and then give them a ticket for not having a throwable device. The couple had just :big_smile:talked to the officer and he never suggested any thing was wrong. Good lake to fish when the bite is on. Two choices to make, hot discharge or cold outlet.

5. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the Information and Welcome to the BOC brother...Were a big family here so enjoy your stay and if you need anything just ask...