News question

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Does anyone watch their local news anymore. I am tired of all the negativeness that is on.Seems that 15 min is of who killed who in Louisville.
    Whatever happened to positive news that reassures the public? Need more like Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes.He is one guy who I can watch all the time.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brian,I watch the local here,Amarillo TX it isn't N M news,but they have a segment for our little corner of the world. they have a good news segment as well.

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I just really don't care much about watching local news anymore either, I know just what you mean. Hardly ever has anything positive in it, though there are good things as well as bad going on out there. I guess that's what the public wants though or they would change how they present it :/

For a long time we had direct tv and couldn't get local stuff and believe me I did NOT miss it.

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    when good things are the news its like saying that bad things are the norm.Thats the way I look at it.
    smokey

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The local news back home is joke!! All they do is try to find local situations that "identify" with whatever crap the cable channels are carrying to make themselves look special. I hate to say it, but I get all of my news coverage off of the CNN WORLD news website. It seems that only the World news covers real issues rather than hollywood

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fox News, Drudge Report and CNN, thats where I get mine.

When I read our local paper, Boy O Boy, it is sick. people getting shot, stabbed , just out getting a beer at night. The taverns must have a different crowd in them since I quit going.

Then the drugs, burgularys and horse and cat shootings. I think I'll just hide on my sand hill.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Only reason I listen to the news is to get the weather report. Then most of the time they even have that screwed up.

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Sounds to me like you kept the thugs out.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Only tv news I watch is Foxnews and not much of it lately. I usually read Drudge daily. I'm subscribed to the online edition of the local paper, I can scan over it pretty quick.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I don;t watch it much Then its Fox