News on the Big Pee Dee River

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by rivercatsc, Apr 13, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The Sun News(Horry/Georgetown county Newspaper) was at the boat landing yesterday doing a story on the river levels and how NC controls all the waterflow to this area. Sounded like it was going to be a good article. He took pics of me and my boat and interviewed me I hope i didnt sound like a hillbilly.LOL It is suppse to be on sundays front page. Hey I may be FAMOUS.LOL

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I will be sure and check the Sun News on the Internet Sunday!!

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    We'll have to keep an eye on their subscriptions and see what effect a PeeDee Redneck has on the circulation. :lol:

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I also gave him one of our tment flyers and he said they were going to a write up all of our tments. He emaied me wanting to do an article on fishing in the big pee dee and wants me to take the sports writer fishing. Maybe this will be a good opportunity to get my club name out there.

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That area was also mentioned in another Sun News/State article pertaining to a historical dig they're doing on Francis Marion's campsites along the PD, particularly at Dunham; don't know if you saw it or not. I think it's open today for the public to view what they're doing.
    I'll be looking forward to the article, hoping they don't edit too much out. :smile2:

6. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Put me down as a Piedmont Redneck. I live in the red clay of the Piedmont. I'm only about 10 miles from the Pee Dee (Pageland) and 15 miles from the Sand Hills (Kershaw). As I said in another post SC does not claim us so we are considered part of the Charlotte area. Very few people actually know exactly where Lancaster is located.

7. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I checked today's Sun News on line and found an article about the Big Pee Dee but it was about water rights and water use and did not mention fishing. No photos on line. Maybe they will do another article?????

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ya never know how much is going to be printed until the editor gets done with it. :angry:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah that is what the article was suppose to be about. I talked to him about the ongoing problem of having to little water in the river. The picture of the 14 year old boy holding the catfish was in my boat. I am suppose to take them out next month to do an article on fishing in the river.

10. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Sorry, James. I only read the online version. Didn't get to town for a hard copy. I'll check today and see if they still have it.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    No big deal Tommy it is just one of those issues that I follow cause not only does it effect my hobbies but my job also. We just had to put in a new pump station with a deeper feed cause the river stays so low all the time now. Sometimes I wonder if there is enough water toeven make it to gtown.

12. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Let us know when the article is in the paper so that we can read it!