News on Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jun 19, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    A man told me today that some high rolling worldly fishermen were going to helicopter in the Lake Monticello tomorrow to catch some trophy catfish with one of the top anglers down there. They are bringing a whole team of people in. I think it is for a movie or something. :eek:oooh:

I figure Chrisblue must have heard about it. :smile2:

Man, I would not want to have that kind of pressure on me to have to find fish for some out of town folks going to all that expense to come to Monticello!! :eek:oooh:

2. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    if you see those high rolling worldly fishermen and the top angler on tv someday look for a guy in a white skeeter bass boat floating by with shifty eyes and a gps in his hand possibly whistling nervously um that will be me lol

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That would scare the crap out of me if a helicopter landed and all these people showed up. I'd think the nuclear plant was gonna blow up or something. I know I'm over cautious, but anything man made and that dangerous is not easy to trust. I hope somebody knows more about that show they're making. It would be cool to see it on tv.

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    That man said he heard that they put a spankin on 'em! :big_smile: Said he heard that local guy knew his stuff. Said he even guaranteed that they would catch fish or he would pay their expenses?!?! Who knows. Maybe we will find out more! :big_smile:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    This "Man" must have deep pockets because Monty will hurt your feelings more than any other lake around here.

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Flew into the general area of Monticello 6-19-07 for a scouting and fishing trip on Lake Monticello and met up with ChrisBlue on 6-20-07. My partner and author, Jake Bussolinni, enjoyed a very nice day on this excellent catfish lake. We were impressed with all the catfish markings on the sonar and the fish that ChrisBlue netted for us. Fished from around 6:30 AM to 4:30 PM and I must say it almost wore us old guys out, but not quite. Caught a nice one with bite marks on its side (see attachments). Jake has scheduled two more outings with ChrisBlue, one at Greenwood and one at Monticello in July after the spawn is over. I will be taking Jake out on LKN later in July for futher consideration for one of his future projects. Our catch (numbers and weighs will be revealed at a later date), where I can't say right now. Again, thanks Chris for a great outing and good luck in the future.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    See, I knew it had to be a top notch crew!!! :crazy:

You must have worn ol' Chrisblue out!! He has not made a single post since the trip!!!!!!!!!

8. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    You don't rekon they have him gagged somewhere torturing him for honey holes do ya?:eek:oooh:

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    dropline77, ChrisBlue showed us all his honey holes, he is a true southern gentleman. We were impressed with all the fish markings that we observed and the quality of fish that we caught. Will revisit Monty after the spawn to see if the big fish qualify for our ongoing program. I sure Chris will put Jake on a forty or fifty pounder, that is what it will take to keep this lake within the loop of future action. :cool2: Too many people going on the next trip for me to make it. I sure hate to miss the action when them big ones get on. :big_smile:

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I really enjoyed the trip.I tell you one thing ol Mac can move for a 69 year young man.I dont have many people that beat me to the rods but ol Mac was on em.:big_smile: The big ones will be back out to play soon.

11. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Wanna see Mac move faster?

Wanna see Mac catch more fish?

Wanna see Mac catch bigger fish?

Put 20 bucks on the table for the most or biggest fish and everything changes with Mac!!!

:big_smile: