Newly planted vegetable garden

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by hillbeach, May 6, 2008.

1. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Some thing is eating the leafs off my veg plants. I dusted the plants hoping to kill/repell any bugs. I do not have rabbits due to living in the city. Hope anyone has a thought about what I should due to save them.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    It may take a bit for the insecticides to kick in. Also, this time of the year many insects are in their larval form eating like crazy for their metamorphosis. Take some time to look for catepillars, which really blend in well. Tobacco hornworms can wipe a tomato plant out in a couple of days.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    just leaves or are stems missing too??

black birds have stripped a dozen tomato plants from my garden in a day before.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Wabbits and Squirrels live everywhere! LOL......

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Slugs maybe? They sure keep me busy. Slug bait, pick 'em, drown them in beer traps, salt, I have never had a place so ate up with them. Little boogers will strip a marigold in two days if you let them.

The only thing worse here(aside from deer) is the japaneese beetles. Traps, pick 'em, grub poison, 'spect I have slaughtered thousands every year. Seems to make no difference.

I have quit chasing off the crows on account of I think they have took to eating them.