Newby to Catfish1

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by swampbuster, Oct 18, 2009.

1. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    Hi I'm from southern Utah now and have been reading your chats. You all seem like a great bunch. Looking to get back into Catfishing to spend more time with my Dad (81) and Son (15). Trying to put a 1st time 3 day trip to Roosevelt for Flats Nov. 1st unless someone has a better idea.
    I won't have a boat this trip. any ideas off the bank.
    We don't exspect a free ride (8 hr trip) and willing to do our homework but maybe a place to start. Am I up in the night lol trying it this time of year ?
    Thanks for any help,
    Jay

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Jay, welcome to our family, glad you joined us. im nowhere near your area so i wouldnt be much help in some respects. however we have some awesome members from Utah, im sure someone has some answers for you.

3. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome to the site!Roosevelt is a great choice.Post up some dates,who knows who may jump on board to help you out!:cool2:

4. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    We will be down from Nov. 1st through the 4th we will try to catch some bait gills or turn to the bait shops for water dogs if we can't find any bluegill. You guys have helped a bunch just from me reading your posts.
    Jay

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jay Welcome to the Brotherhood. I look forward to reading of your Utah fishing trips.:0a25::0a22::0a22:

6. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    Welcome Jay, I have catfished for 45 yrs and thought i knew it all. But this bunch of guys have taught this ol fart alot since ive been here. And have laughed till i cried a few times. You'll really enjoy it here. And you never know what you might hear next. safe trip to ya'll

7. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hey Jay, Welcome to AZ. Since you do not have a boat, I would fish the Upper Salt that feeds Roosevelt. Plenty of places to shore fish for sure! You can also fish the Tonto end of the lake. I know a few guys on here who do fairly well there (Azcataholic, and Lonny seem to know this area better than most). I can take you to several spots along the Upper Salt River if you want, You name dates, and pretty much I will be there! Some others might come as well. Flatheading to me is like Meth for a tweaker, I have to go every chance I get. Bait, will not be a problem!

8. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    Thanks soooo... much for the help. We will be coming down 1st of Nov.
    I'll keep in touch

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jay.

10. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    If fishingnorth end of lake,orangepeel on highway side,indianpoint on eastside,there right across the lake from each other. southend of lake either. schoolhouse point or grapevine are good.

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome Jay good to have you hear

12. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Try and find a way to bring rcaarizona (rob) He knows the upper salt and rosie very good! But being shore bound you might want to hit the upper salt like rob said!

13. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    10-4, Lonny is the water low enough to fish below Grapevine now? I was there a month and a half ago, and the trees were still out of the water about half way, and about 20 yards from shore? I am talking about the cove, that is directly under the Grapevine Campsite. Thank's for the info.

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jay, welcome from Missouri.

16. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    Thanks Hillbilly,
    You guys are all great.
    I'll let you all know how we do,
    Jay

17. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome and hiddy hi from arkansas. i have learned so much from all the folks on the BOC and well even though I am a girl they never blinked and helped me more than i can ever type. Chat is a good place to start and the boards too ask away....

18. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    welcome Jay, :big_smile:

19. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Welcome to the BOC. Hope your trip turns out to be a good one.

20. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    Don't know i have'nt been down in that area for a while,lakes dropping fast it could be close