Newburgh

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by JustinM, Sep 18, 2009.

1. JustinM

JustinM New Member

State:
    Indiana
    4 stripers 10 or so small cats. Not much shad or skips up there really. I was pretty sure I was going to watch sone morons drown though. They were running up the flow to within 15' or so of the discharge, turning sideways and floating out. Man I wish they would patrol that red line more! I actually tied a rope to a throwable just incase. Twice they had water coming over the side. Also I ran back to the ramp when done. These guys followed me. I pulled up the ramp and off to the side. These two guys actually sold all their cats to a refrig truck that pulled in. The truck had plain white magnets over the truck decals. Is that legal? It had to be some food place buying them. The driver flipped out when I asked what they were doing.

2. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    Dave (fishassassin) and I were around Newburgh today too. Mostly above the dam, and down around Newburgh, although we fished the dam for a little bit.

Didn't see the van. Could be legal, but probably not. I'd love to have been there to see it. My camera has a killer lens on it. :smile2:

We caught a bunch of little skips (5 to 6 inches,) couple hybrids, couple blues, and couple channels.

In all not the best bite ever, but here are the blues.

Attached Files:

3. newburghcatfish

newburghcatfish New Member

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    caught a 22# blue up there yesterday afternoon after some guy gave me his fresh shad. Where have you guys been getting your shad at?

4. JustinM

JustinM New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've yet to see hardly any at all really. Only balls I've seen were in the bay off the south end of the dam on the Newburgh side.

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i know all the shad are down around evansville area... been hearing alot of bait is down there. pretty reliable sources.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    To answer your question ... No it is not legal at all. The driver probably flipped out because he knew it. Wished you'd've called the tips hotline and reported that.... too bad.

7. JustinM

JustinM New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good thing I took pictures and sent them in with the plate number of the truck. And the numbers off the side of the boat along with his trailer plate and truck plate. Me smart fella! :p

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good job. The only thing you didn't do was drag 'em outta the truck and beat the crap out of him lol

9. JustinM

JustinM New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The thought crossed my mind…

10. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Lets see,fishing in the gates @ Newburgh,just plan STUPID,thats how people die!!!!!!! Selling cats from Newburgh to some dang old fish market,that's how people get KILLED.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Do you guys ever fish Cypress Creek?

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    there is no access to it unless you come up thru the river now.. they closed the boat ramp off the highway...

13. newburghcatfish

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    thanks for the info on the shad

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    well scott did you guys catch anymore fish up there yesterday?

15. newburghcatfish

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    I caught, only 2 fish. I was starting to get alot of bites but had to go to the Castle/Reitz football game.

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    did you put in at the creek? if you do then throw your net inbetween the walls of boat ramp before you launch and you will most always get shad in there

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Got to the dam on the Ky side a little late this morning, not 1 single skipjack after about 2 hours fishing for them.

18. newburghcatfish

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    I normally put in at newburgh. Are you talking about the yankeetown boat ramp?

19. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
  20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Did the Knights take down the Panthers?

Mater Dei grad so I root for anyone who go against Reitz!:cool2: