Newburgh Dam

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, May 22, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Can anyone tell what the river level needs to be to get back on the wall at the dam.Any info would be great. Thanks Aaron

2. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    TO LATE TO TELL YOU NOW BUT GOOD MEETING YOU HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT SOMETIME MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP AND FISH SOME.

3. Wildmaninreed

Wildmaninreed New Member

State:
    Reed,Kentucky
    Aaron
    I'm just a Rock throw from Newburgh Dam in Reed,Ky. The wife & I was on the indiana side about 4 day's ago at the Dam's Lookout & The water was still running over the wall. I'm not sure of the river stage to get back on the wall. I'll try & get down there this weekend & see if it's down enough.
    Wendell

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well, It's a small world ain't it. I live just up the road from Reed, LOL!!!

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Wendell, welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet.

6. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    welcome 31 foot and under till you can walk on the wall. we found that out sat. help it helps all

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Took a drive there today and you are able to get on the wall as of now.

8. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    We farm in Reed and actually at the Dam, I think 32' puts it over the wall, it is well below that now 20.3' today 17.7' on the 29th and 16.9' on the 30th. Caught a bunch of skips down there right before it got over the wall. A little tip, I was getting a ton of small stripers using small jigs. I started biting them in half and got nothing but skips.
    Welcome to the BOC Wendell.