Newburgh Dam

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by 1442ncs, Jul 11, 2009.

1. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Can anyone out there tell me if there is a ramp below Newburgh dam on the Kentucky side? If so, is closer from O'boro or Hendo? Thanks in advance.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    closest ramp on the kentucky side is henderson.. there is a ramp right below it on the indiana side ... there are 4 ramps on the indiana side between the dam and the henderson ramp..

3. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Thanks, thats a pretty good haul ain't it?

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yea its a long boat ride from henderson to the dam.. were will you be driving from?

5. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    I' ll be coming from Muhlenburg county.Its about 45 minutes from hendo. I will probably just get an In. license. We've been going to Smithland and thats getting to be a haul, its about 2 hours.

6. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    It's about a 30 minute drive from the Newburgh ramp to Owensboro. You could save 10 minutes by putting in at Yankeetown but locking through would make it a wash, time-wise.

Cannelton dam would probably be closer to you. Ever fished there?

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you dont have to havean indian license to launch off the indiana bank,, you ky license is all you need!! hell thats all i have!!:roll_eyes:

8. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    I was just looking at the regs and realized this.:big_smile: Thanks forthe replys. I'll drive up that way in a couple of weeks and check it out. Thanks agin.

9. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Never been to Cannelton. I've always fished Smithland with My dad. I can be in newburgh in about an hour. How much farther up is cannelton from O'boro?

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    its about the same really... google hawsville kentucky and you will see the ramp there

11. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the dam at Cannelton. Its 30 minutes EAST of Owensboro. There is a ramp in Hawesville, which is about 2 miles from the dam. And on the Indiana side, there is a ramp in Troy, one in Tell City, and one in Cannelton.

Everyone talks about a really deep hole just up from the bridge that supposedly holds some real monsters. Ive heard of 80-100 lb fish coming from that hole of water, but I dont have a boat.

12. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    you can dock in on the green at spotsville and lock throw, it alot closer then henderson ramp.

13. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Thanks ya'll for the replys. Maybe I'll see some ya'll there one of these days. One more ? and I'll leave ya alone. how is the bait situaton at these places? Usually some there or better bring some just in case?

14. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    I haven't been finding much bait around the Newburgh dam. :embarassed: But maybe somebody else has.

Couple weeks ago the shad were all over and skippies too, but yesterday I managed to put one skip on ice and no shad.

That's before that enormous rain came blowing up the river and chased me off.

15. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY

16. dcm

dcm New Member

State:
    ky
    I live in Muhlenberg also and have recently fished the NEwberg Dam.Maybe we
    I like it there. I have been going to Smithland as well and it is some very fine fishing.
    I also like Barkley Dam.
    Good luck.

17. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Sent you a PM. Did you do any good at newburgh? My dad and a friend are going up on Friday to newburgh. Hope they wear some heads out.