Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found the forums the other day, and signed up figured i drop a line and introduce myself. Im pretty much new to flathead fishing as of last year and before then never really targeted them, was mainly a bass/channel cat fisherman but i caught the bug last year and been learning everything i can, the wealth of knowledge is unsurpassing on here from what ive read and the stories are unreal. The biggest to date ive caught so far is 15lbs. but plan on surpassing that this year (hopefully). I belong to a private club that has some very nice flats in both lakes and still trying to figure out there pattern but ill get it down eventually, and i fish the rivers in my area alot, this year i plan on doing some researching of spots and with the new programs we got at work yesterday, ill be able to pinpoint areas of intrest and possible locations that show promise. well back to work i go yippie, only if my work was fishing:smile2:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone for the welcome, yeah ive been reading and reading and reading i finally took the time to intro myself and take a break from reading, the information and knowledge on here is unreal and overwhelming to say the least, hopefully once i get my Delorme Topo USA 7.0 and Ohio 3-D TopoQuads up and running smoothly ill be able to help some people with some maps and quad sheets, down side is i have to print and scan them since i have no way of exporting them to a viewable file for the net, just yesterday when looking around in the program i found CC on the maps before it was flooded showing all the channels and everything, ill try to print it out and get it scanned in. thanks again for the welcome.

brandon

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope this worked took me a few extra steps but i think ive got it figured out, here is a partial of Caesars Creek Topo before it was flooded, i imagine that the bottom portion hasnt changed too drasticly nor the old creek channel, but until i get the NOAA Sat10 files downloaded i wont know.

·
Registered
574 Posts
WELCOME TO the ohio board ,you have now found the best of the best.
It don't get better then this . ah ok there is some good ones on the other sites. DOWN BOYS PUT THE ROPE AWAY.
YOU LOOK IN THE INFO SECTION THERE IS A TON OF GOOD STUFF.
YOU WILL FIND THAT THE TREATMENT IS TOP NOTCH.

ENJOY
MOOSE

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.