Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by topjimmy, Jan 1, 2006.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    There doesn't seem to be a forum for introductions, so since I am from AZ I figured I would post this in the AZ forum.

I am a catfishing noob, I mostly fish for cats at Bartlett Lake with my buddies. The biggest I have caught so far is a 5 pound channel and an 8 pound flattie. I got my first surf rod for Xmas, I put an old Penn 160 on it. I am going to try it out when it warms up a little, I usually use medium freshwater spinning combos, so it will be a new experience for me. I want to get a Baitrunner 6500 and put it on an Ugly Stick, but I am not going to spend the money on it right now since I won't fish much until it warms up.

I like to Trout fish up north also, but I like catfishing best.

I also like camping, hunting, shooting, hiking, and off roading.

Anyway, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Topjimmy! Lot's of great people here and tons of information on our great sport! Happy to have you aboard!

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC. It is a really cool place and can be very informative.

As you know, Arizona has some really good places to fish catfish. A lot of people from outside the state don't think there is much here, but we are up with the competition.

You will find that a lot of the Arizona members hop on whenever we get a chance. You will definately see more activity as things start to warm up and the weather starts to bring the fish into action. Feel free to ask any of us anything. That is what we are here for.

Tight Lines,

Martinman

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, nothing better than a good night by the water with friends.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome James! Nose around a bit. I'm positive ya are gonna like it here.

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Welcome to the BOC James! Don't be shy!

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Welcome to the BOC!

Zakk :)

8. Talon Anderson

Talon Anderson New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hello Brother James,

Welcome aboard... SE corner of Az. here. Patagonia lakehere...

Peace
    Tal~ :cool:

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Howdy!!

That Baitrunner is by far the best cat reel you can buy. Shimanno Bait runner is solid.. I have a 3500 and a 4500, both on ugly stick rods..
    Anyways, welcome to the BOC.. There is a wealth of information here. And a lot of people that know what they are talking about...

Take care!!

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    James,

Welcome to the BOC brother. You will find everything you ever need here. From advice on catfishing, to computers, to how to fold a t-shirt. We've got it all. Glad you choose to be a part of it!

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, James. I'm afraid that the waters I fish here in Arkansas are quite different from those in Arizona, but you're more than welcome to any general information I may have. How do you trout fish? I was stationed in Montana for 5 years, and wade fished for trout using ultralight spinning gear and Mepps spinners.

12. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Baitrunners are a great reel and worth the money i have 2 4500 and a 6500. The 6500 requires a very large bottom guide for it's best casting ability becuse the spool is large. The 4500 is perfect for most 8-9ft ugly's. The baitrunner beats a level wind because it can allow the fish to run like a clicker but the difference is half a turn of the handle or simply turn the lever off and your back to the main drag. Level winds you have to turn the clicker off and tighten the drag. You will be very happy with the baitrunners. 3500 is great for trout and steelhead.

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Topjim. Enjoy your stay here!

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    big welcome from the "dinkherders" in sw ohio! yes, hang around here and watch the "secrets" flow like water.

15. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    In northern Arizona there are a lot of man made trout lakes that are stocked by Game and Fish. I also like to fish the small creeks we have. I usually use an ultralight spinning combo and in line spinner lures (Rooster Tails, Mepps, Panther Martins). I really killed 'em this summer with Sonic Rooster Tails, they worked extremely well for me. A lot of folks fish on Berkley Power Bait. I prefer the challenge of spinning, especially in the creeks. There's nothing like spending a day hiking along a creek casting into pools, enjoying the scenery and the moderate weather up there (the valley gets HOT in the summer).